Transfer window slamming shut discussion

Fuck Liverpool , Fuck Pochentino.

I loved this window and the absence of drama when the football started.
Fuck this news.

How will other league follow PL’s lead if it’s only been implemented for one season?

Ending the window early was a crappy idea in the first place, doesn’t change the fact you can have a salty ass player who doesn’t get their move in the ranks and can still be targeted in January.

You’re also at a disadvantage in terms of bringing in other players if you get rinsed by injury when compared to other leagues.

Not sure why they assumed other leagues would follow their lead.

Nothing better than competitive matches with the drama of the summer transfer window ending.

1 Like

How does normal window fix that?

Gives more time to move players on.

Didn’t really need to read the rest of your post :+1:

Closing the window before the season started was brilliant. I hope it stays.

It still won’t make a difference if we close the window early or not the teams still going to have unsettled players when the season starts.

Scrap the January window altogether tho and free transfers signing through out the season would force teams to utilise their younger players.

I still think it’s absolutely ridiculous that the transfer window stays open while meaningful games are played. I think it was Arsene who said it was unfair because you could play Team A in August with the opposition fielding one roster and your rival for Top 4 or Relegation then plays Team A in December with them having a drastically different roster.

1 Like

By that logic, closing the window at all will go against that.

Yeah agree but same can be said of loans.

Inevitable. Took longer to be reversed than I thought it would though.

1 Like

Was gonna quote your post from September 2017 when I posted that but didn’t bother :joy:

1 Like

If you’re going to have a winter window the idea that the window should close before the season starts doesn’t make that much sense anyways.

1 Like

The other European leagues didn’t mimic the idea so it failed ultimately. All the Prem was doing was hindering its teams compared to Europe.

2 Likes

I can’t argue with your impeccable logic here, but I think the situations like Nasri are different, where you know he’s gone but he plays the first 2 games because he’s not actually been sold but he’s still our best player, and his replacement hasn’t been signed are the strange ones that it’s nice to avoid.

Situations like his basically never arise in the winter window, except when clubs make stupid summer decisions like keeping Alexis and Eriksen and then panicking in January that they’ve made a mistake.

2 Likes

How come?

Can we move the actual summer to October aswell?

1 Like

first ever time fifa wont be up to date at launch

1 Like