Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

Is it possible that there will be a second/third team jumping in and will to pay what Valencia is asking and get the deal done before we place a concrete bid?

If we want Mustafi, and “NEED” him, player is willing to come, why the cheap ass has to be that cheap and make things so uncertain (if we are really into him).

Some people like to say Wenger loves Arsenal. Okay, prove it to me. If our budget is tight and we are underachieving for quite a few years… should Wenger take a few millions out from his own pocket to fund the Mustafi transfer as a rebate, as a compensation to the fans?

Do it, and he will be my man.

Wenger is a joke. Mustafi should have been signed as soon as that Liverpool disaster ended. We are now going into the 2nd game with the same problems we had in the first game. Clueless management again.

1 Like

If he wants to buy a CB and a striker, needs to wait for a less fee.

If a third club will buy Mustafi or if Arsène will not sign a second player after the german/another CB, I will be agree with you.

So we go in to the season with two inexperienced CB’ s just to save a few quid.
What is Wenger’ s obsession with saving money?

It’s this tight fisted approach to transfers that cost us points, as well as not getting the players we want.

It also makes us a laughing stock amongst other supporters and the media.

I wouldn’t mind but what is he doing with all the money he is saving?
He certainly isn’t spending it on other players.

3 Likes

13 days to go, after that we will know. It’s useless to be populistic, now…

That’s the time when you need the “reserve fund”, right?
Budget is tight, need a few million or we only have Kos to partner with 2 inexperienced CB, and if we “also” need a striker.
Urgent situation to have a “complete” squad.
Time to use the reserve fund, if Wenger not doing the rebate and favor for the team while the team is lack of money and he is a millionaire/billionaire???

What is the purpose of setting up the reserve fund? To save money for the sake of it?

1 Like

It’s useless to be anything at all always.

Even if we were populist, or if we supported Wenger’s decisions, that wouldn’t change how the club will act.

What will change how the club acts is if he leaves and only then will i be half excited about Arsenal again.

1 Like

I’ll do you one better the real target is Joleon Lescott.

Beating Rangers to him will be a major coup.

1 Like

Guys, we don’t know shit about what is happening right now and if bringing in a player with a fair chance of not being ready or fit to play for us short-term would have even done anything.

It was already too late when the Gabriel injury happened for us to make confident and good business to sort this out.

1 Like

IMHO, that would have been the worst time to try and push/rush through the deal calum. we’ve needed a replacement for Mert for what, the past 2 years? a CB (at least) should have been signed last season. but that was then. i only point it out because this should have been sorted as soon as this seasons window opened because this is nothing new. trying to sign Mustafi after last weeks loss would have made us look VERY desperate mate (as if clubs don’t know we’re desperate anyways).

1 Like

But it wasn’t too late when Per got injured and everyone and their mom knows Gabriel is a bust. He’s Vermalean 2.0 AT BEST…certainly not capable of leading our defense at this moment which is what he was expected to do had he not gotten injured.

Anyone who believes this is a moron.

No offence.

7 Likes

He would have still been better than what we have. All I’m saying is that if we really intended to have that sacred replacement in it should have been here exactly when Per got injured, but that now it doesn’t make that big of a difference anymore if it’s 3 or 5 days and if we wait for the price to drop by a couple of million. Obviously if we fall short because of that it’s not good enough.

This is what happens when you base your transfer strategy on buying cheap or panic buying or relying on players falling into your lap.
Wenger’s negligence, arrogance and archaic approach to transfer fees has meant we have gone into yet another season totally unprepared, and throwing away points.

3 Likes

Why does anyone care about this? I will never know. It’s going to be a long hard climb out of this hole that Wenger has the supporters in I’m not sure we will ever trust a manager again and I’m not so sure Wenger doesn’t do it on purpose and/or like it that way.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say he’s a bust, he clearly needs some more time and a manager that can coach a defence to a high level.

Can be a good squad player at the least under a different manager.

Because it doesn’t make a fucking difference. There are international games coming up right after the window closes. Why shouldn’t it matter if the club pays let’s say 10m more or less for the same player if he isn’t going to make any real impact on our own team before the window closes.

As with the striker situation it should have been done ages ago, but right now the damage is already done and it won’t change a thing if we do it this Sunday or next.

I bet makes a difference to the player.

1 Like

Who is moron? Me?

If you believe we need to save money then you have your answer.

1 Like