PL UK Television rights tender 2019/22

:joy: positives in every situation

1 Like

Trains are a fucking lottery. They turn up on time, you won.

1 Like

I like having free will and deciding if I want to watch something live or on TV. Such a ridiculous concept imo, while I agree live atmosphere is the the pinnacle of watching sport I can’t say I’m always in the mood for it. I’ve had an NI season ticket since I was like 5 and tbh the last few years I’ve found it a real slog dragging myself into the city, dealing with drunks and traffic, unable to get drunk because I have to drive. It’s all a bit of a fuck on that isn’t worth the expense anymore.

I love music and cinema too but it’s not like I have to go to cinema or a live concert to support the artist. It’s presumptuous to assume everyone has the time, patience and finance to support local football every Saturday at 3. If people want to kick back and watch it on TV with a beer in their PJ’s then who the hell are the FA to dictate otherwise.

People will find a way to do what they want anyway.

5 Likes

I had you down as someone that went to every home and away game! I’ve been going since 2013-14…love it, although not cheap. Want to move seats though for next season, assuming we will get to go back to being able to go to the Emirates…

1 Like

Haha thanks. If I lived in London I’d be trying to get to as many games as I could.

I’d rather live in Scotland.

London’s a terrible place

1 Like

I don’t either…albeit I only have to travel in from Essex so not that far.

London’s a fantastic city to live…lived their for 4 years and loved it.

Every time I’ve went to London I’ve really enjoyed it tbh. Maybe because its a novelty for me every time I go haha.

I fucking love the oyster card / contactless public transport system!!

After growing up in a quiet little village I love the buzz, noise and diversity of London…fantastic place to live and visit…

I’ve never heard anyone be so excited about Oyster cards! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Still no confirmation of the 3pm blackout being lifted. And Sky and BT Sport have both announced their TV games for first few game weeks. So it looks like lots of PL games won’t be broadcast live on TV, despite fans not being allowed in stadiums.

Hopefully goes on longer than September. Our September matches had all been selected for TV anyway.

Our game against West Ham in GW2 has now been moved to an 8PM KO.

And from a Sunday to a Saturday

I was checking out sports packages today out of interest. I can get all sports channels for €70 a month. I paid less for a year of Disney+

2 Likes

this season I’m buying a membership on arsenal.com to watch all the matches after they happen

I think you get that on the free membership.

i think that’s just highlights

I’m at sad this has happened because of empty stadums during a pandemic but I’m loving this is continuing. Makes it feel like a weekend having a festival of football every Saturday and Sunday :smiley:

1 Like

I’d feel better if more were on terrestrial tv so everyone could enjoy it.

1 Like