PL UK Television rights tender 2019/22

They started singing,
Sky, Sky, why did the football die?
Cos you’re selfish fucking cunts who bled all the fans dry

Etc

3 Likes

I wonder who’s decision this is. I would guess Sky/BT:

• Don’t want to pay for more stuff
  • Don’t want other companies to offer enough football that you don’t need Sky/BT

It would surely be in the interest of the fans to just give the games to Sky/BT based on how many games they bought? They can keep their monopoly, get more than they bargained for, and then fans would be able to see all the games games.

I don’t have Sky/BT because it’s far too expensive for how much I care about football / have time to watch it these days, but if I was a Southampton season ticket holder who was down there every other Saturday, I’d definitely have both if it meant I could watch my team.

The Blackout is no more!!!

2 Likes

Long may it continue

It’s not been confirmed yet. And it says “until the return of fans”, so won’t be a permanent thing.

Yeah I know that. Obviously it’s just till fans are back lol

Oh damn, that knee slide is perfection. No OCD induced

2 Likes

One thing at a time. The 3pm blackout has been sacred for decades, takes time to chip away at that.

The lesser fixtures are mostly in this slot now.

I like going to and being at a 3pm kick off game on a Saturday.

If that’s televised, what are we left with? Anarchy, I tells ya. Anarchy.

Well if you still go literally nothing has changed for you.

1 Like

Won’t the masses be tempted not to go, if the game is televised?

People who want to go will go. When they’re allowed.

I go to every game that I can get to…You cannot beat the atmosphere at a football stadium.
I don’t mind watching on the telly, but you just cannot beat being there…

1 Like

If I had the opportunity to go to watch Arsenal live at The Emirates or on Sky Sports sitting on my setee.

It’s an absolute no contest. You can’t beat watching football live in a stadium. TV doesn’t come close to even matching it

The one game I’ve been to at The Emirates is better than the thousands I’ve watched on tv.

2 Likes

I agree…love going to Arsenal, everything about it and miss it so much. Can’t wait to get back their asap.

Are you a season ticket holder Calum? Still havent heard anything about renewals yet…

The last time I went to the Haemorrhoids, I almost froze me bollocks off!

I’d rather sit indoors by t’fire and enjoy a nice cuppa tea watching it in the warmth (with the Hovis music on in the background)

Haha no. I’ve only been to one game. Stoke at home in April 2018.

We won and I it was the game Auba let Laca take the pen to end his goal drought

Cal doesn’t even buy a train ticket. :grin:

2 Likes

If you don’t buy a ticket, you don’t win the raffle