Per Mertesacker

Arsenal legend confirmed. Per, fuck the haters.

Not often you get a player that respects the badge like that. What a cool story, what a cool guy.

2 Likes

Well Chambers is having a great season at Middlesbrough with his fair share of clean sheets and great performances.

Per and Calum should be our cover while Holding gets loaned out and Gabriel is given away to a team in need of charity.

Agreed!

Rob Holding likes this.

ā€˜Defensive coverā€™ = the career killer

1 Like

What is this streak of piss doing at this club. He should have been binned years ago.
Weā€™re supposed to be a club with ambition ffs.

Not a bad back up to be fair. Heā€™s also important in the dressing room apparently, many members of the team look up to him.

1 Like

Very Nice words Phoebica ,not that Iā€™m cynical but id be over the moon too if someone just handed me a 5 million pound cheque !
Its bad business and way too much money for a reserve who is well and truly past his sell by date !

2 Likes

Donā€™t listen to them @Phoebica, the grumpy old gits will come around.

1 Like

I have no issue with him getting an extension, however, people conveniently forget how utterly shit he was playing before he got injured where anyone but him would do at the back.

Also wouldnā€™t be so quick to write off Chambers who was flourishing at Middlesbrough before his injury.

1 Like

Yeah tbh that was harsh on Chambers. Few performances for us still etched into the mind, but heā€™s been part of a good unit there at Boro.

[quote=ā€œPhoebica, post:226, topic:105ā€]
many members of the team look up to him.
[/quote]Well he is 6ft 6 after all.

:wenger:

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œMysty, post:231, topic:105, full:trueā€]

I get it.
You two are a double act.
Youā€™re the funny one and Pheobica is your straight man, or should I say, woman :grinning:

5 Likes

Iā€™m funny too :sob:

1 Like

I suppose another year as a shouty dressing room man canā€™t do any harm.

Pics or it didnt happen.

Iā€™ll send you a video of my stand up routine sometimeā€¦

Why stop at just a video? I could certainly be of more use to you in person.

Oh really? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Please Per, you are the captain, push someone in the face for this fucking performance!!

1 Like

Remember when Per used to be a scrapegoat among some fans for when we suffered bad losses because of the defense?

Certainly canā€™t blame that on him this seasonā€¦

7 Likes