Other Clubs' Transfers

I doubt the clubs will be taking to the guardian unless its about a signing…not who we arent signing

1 Like

mav what the fuck lol. he’s one of the best journalists for arsenal

people say the same about Orenstein too, he is a bullshitter barely gets anything right but yet everyone takes what he says for gospel, they all just guess!

2 Likes

Everton are signing Davy Klaassen for 26 million pounds from Ajax.

I think journalists have a lot more lines for information and not just clubs.

He is more reliable than the others, tbh. Remember Ozil? :ozil:

1 Like

According to L’Equipe Marseille has an agreement in principle for Germain. If they see him as number one striker, they won’t be in for Giroud anymore?

Fucks sake, just seen that about gigio, raiola is cancer.

3 Likes

Gigio should have done like Hamsik: tell Raiola to fuck off.

Thomas Lemar is unsure about his AS Monaco future & has not yet sought to extend because of interest from Arsenal https://t.co/i8ItwwasLb

— Get French Football (@GFFN) 16 juni 2017

Very interesting. If we are going to play 4-2-3-1 again we need him anyway. I don’t think Wenger has confirmed 3-4-3 is here to stay and wasn’t a stop gap solution to get some results?

1 Like

There was also the Monreal at centre back comments.

2 Likes

When? Where? I don’t think I’ve seen that but I’d love it.

Source possibly?

“At the moment it looks like it gets the best out of every player. It’s not a new system because I played it 20, 30 years ago! But it’s a system that sometimes brings some reassurance when the defensive confidence is not at the best.”

I only remember this quote regarding that.

Edit: That clears things up. I wonder what will happen with Ramsey now and if we’re actually going to sign a centre midfielder. He’s probably the one who benefits the most.

1 Like

All the Portuguese papers are reporting that Ronaldo has made an “irreversible decision” to leave Madrid after the confederations cup because of the tax investigation.

1 Like

Even at his age he definitely still commands a world record fee.

So don’t think Lemar is useful in this system.

3-4-3 will be the first thing to go once we start losing. It should not be used to dictate long term transfer policy IMO.

The only reason 343 stands out for me is that Walcott is shit. An attacking 3 is alright when you’ve only got 2 good attackers. If we had 4 good attackers it’d be silly to leave one out to have Gabriel on the pitch.

Sign the best players we can, ideally versatile but we should be looking at our squad and seeing what’s best after deadline day.

The thing is the 4-2-3-1 when our fullbacks and defensive midfielder are all high up the pitch has always seen us get burned by 3 or 4 on 2 counter attacking situations. The 3-4-3 solves that problem. If we’re chasing a game we could switch formations but it’s unnecessary most of the time. Also it’s not really less offensive because it allows the wingbacks and midfielders free reign pretty much with the security of 3 centre backs

6 Likes

Speaking in the unveiling press conference of left-back Marçal, Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas discussed the future of Alexandre Lacazette.

“Alexandre Lacazette was told he could leave… we had negotiations with Atletico. Things did not work out. We now have a very nice offer from Arsenal… But for us he will not leave.”

Get French Football

Fuck off to Aulas and his strategy to ask more money.

1 Like