Other Clubs' Transfers

1 Like

I really like him but I lean towards not being keen on Lemar for Arsenal right now. Even more so if we lose Alexis.

Heā€™s good but not the right player to be signing at this moment when the manager is not looking to add more than 3 players to the squad.

Lemar addresses a light area of the squad but doesnā€™t bring anything that we donā€™t already get from Iwobi & Ozil (heā€™s better than Iwobi). Alexis, Iwobi, Ozil & Lemar for the two positions behind the striker still only has 1 capable goalscorer.

I would love to sign Lemar.

1 Like

Same, he really looks the business

1 Like

Cheaper than Mbappe? :giroud3:

https://twitter.com/SquawkaNews/status/875375143991771136

:snake: :snake:

2 Likes

Mino strikes again! What a crook! @Gio

2 Likes

Wow, he just fucked their negotiation position.

1 Like

Pickford has gone to Everton for Ā£30mā€¦Crazy money.

I think these are fair concerns, a front line of Lemar, Welbeck and Ozil doesnā€™t seem like the most prolific. Even if you swap Lacazette for Welbeck that doesnā€™t get much better. But can we afford to pass on these kind of young and promising players? I donā€™t think we can nor should we in an environment where three clubs are buying players for fun. With the probable departures of Sanchez and Ozil we should be ā€˜stockpilingā€™ these guys anyway. But Wengerā€™s obsession not to mess with squad cohesion etc. stands in the way of that.

I think Lemar could be amazing as the left sided wing back in the 3-4-3 in matches where weā€™re either on the front foot or in more even matches where weā€™re fielding a more defensive player on the right side (ie, Bellerin not Ox). His crossing is fantastic and he would help us a lot in transitions and breaking the opponent press as he is also really good dribbling and combining in short pass sequences. With Xhaka-Ramsey as our CMs, we often need to advance the ball through the wingbacks and he would be much better than Kolasinac (or Monreal) in that regard.

Between that role and subbing for Ozil behind the striker on occasion, I think heā€™d provide a lot of value to the team. I agree that him and Ozil together behind the striker isnā€™t ideal - we need one of those players to be more of a goalscorer/second striker rather than a creator.

I donā€™t think our pressing game etc. is good enough to employ such an attacking player as wing back.

Is he any more attack-oriented than Ox?

In my opinion, yes. Chamberlain has certain qualities of a box2box player imo; strong physique, good workrate. That makes him an viable option as wing back/outside midfielder. Lemar doesnā€™t have that.

Lemar is relatively small but his workrate has always seemed pretty impressive to me. From what Iā€™ve seen, Jardimā€™s 4-4-2 requires a lot of running by the wingers.

Bellerin and Ox? Wing backs are perfect for attacky wide men.

Looks like it's between Roma and PSG for Jean Seri. no firm offers from either Arsenal or Spurs

ā€” Ed Aarons (@ed_aarons) 15 juni 2017

what the fuck would this no one know about it? I find it amazing how many people come out of the woodwork claiming to know inner dealings of the club. Not that i care much about Seri because i have never seen him play, but i am getting so bored of everyone somehow being ITK now.

In reality no one knows what goes on until the press have been informed.

1 Like

Personally I think Lemarā€™s future lies deeper in midfield just like his idols Iniesta but I can see where youā€™re coming from Iā€™m not to keen on the idea of Lemar playing along side Ɩzil in one of the positions behind the striker either.

He works for The Guardian. He is the press.