Other Clubs' Transfers

Yeess we got da money !

70 it should be 80

50+ 30mil worth of rwanda money =80

Tight arseses

I donā€™t believe in these figures at all.

1 Like

as said it is probably wages that is being talked about, money for buying players we have hundreds of millions to spend if we want.

What?! You donā€™t believe the board of the club would leak our transfer budget to journalists to spread to every other club out there thus throwing away any bargaining power and letting them fleece us?

Surely not?! Thatā€™s doesnā€™t make sense!!

5 Likes

dont worry lads we dont need any new players. iwobi and Mustafi is surely enuf to take us forward.

According to The Guardian we are looking at Stephan Lichtsteiner.

Just saw that - very wise free transfer if true. Will get plenty of games in cups.

Is he a freebie?

In that case, I guess it makes sense.

But otherwise getting a 34 year old in no way makes any sense to me other than as a free back-up RB. And even then at 34 I have to question if he still has what it takes to be a RB at a top level even in a support capacity.

seems sensible. 34 years but can easily push Bellerin to the RB spot and atleast give some competetion.

1 Like

The reality is that Bellerin is so clearly first choice that no one with any ambition will sign.

This is an astute, money-saving move.

6 Likes

with out small ass budget i think its wise to use the money in other needed areas than RB. Lichsteiner is no farmer, he can definetly give Bellerin comp.

he is nicknamed ā€œforrest gumpā€ ill take that.

Yeah - very experienced and players like Alves / Evra have shown that counts a lot at the highest level regardless of age.

201 appearances for Juve. incredible really.

Arsenal making really unsympathetic moves with Emery and Lichtsteiner, if the latter comes too fruition. I reckon he is not looking for the bench tho.

the great thing about this guy is that he can actually make a good CROSS

Iā€™d be happy with this as he has the qualities to actually push Bellerin albeit he definitely wouldnā€™t be fit to start too many games for us given his advancing age. But heā€™s a good backup option, experienced and still has quality.

3 Likes

I see no issue with signing him heā€™s a reliable player that despite his age can get up and down the pitch well and he also is quite well balanced with regard to attack and defence.

Bellerin could learn a thing or two.

4 Likes

Yeah I think anybody whoā€™s watched Juve over the last few years will tell you how often Allegri has used him to change the shape of the game.

Funny enough Juventus didnā€™t even have him in their CL squad until January and he was one of the key players in turning around the Tottenham tie at Wembley.

Iā€™ve always believed Juventus could have done better but at the same time itā€™s hard to name too many RBs who have been as consistent as him over the last 6-7 years.

2 Likes