OA Awards 2016

He’s not lost anymore :wink:

Joined about 3 weeks ago!

Now that lens back we should have a ‘most grumpy old git’ award.

To counteract the Trion of the year award we should also have a bradymagic of the year award, would be a landslide victory for you I’m sure.

And the winner is… Persona for his use of the word Maltesers to describe the natives of Malta. :wink:

1 Like

Won’t be @Trion, he struggles to read between the lines much less play between them.

Some interesting suggestions so far! :smiley:

Received another one, about along the lines of Most Level Headed member award?

Another idea, what about a WTF Award? Given to a member who’s opinions often drive you crazy, confuses the hell out your mind, often leaving you a “WTF are they doing/thinking?” feeling. Hence, WTF :upside_down:

Best Username Change

4 Likes

@Leper would win it by a landslide.

2 Likes

I can show you a poll that suggests otherwise. :gunnersaurus:

2 Likes

Pun of the year.

I recommend whoever coined ‘Skhod goals’

@JakeyBoy

1 Like

thats not an award thats a burden

1 Like

Worst, tbf. Everyone knew you as Cocktor.

The one everyone wants, the one that keeps them awake at night, the one that maketh the (wo) man…is POTY.

Except some poeple might take POTY for Personality of the Year and others Poster of the Year…infact, is there really much of a difference?

So I’d streamline things a bit, retire Personality of the Year so that Sol can’t win it again, and then just keep POTY. and then give POTY special privilege like free Arsenal tickets or a snazzy purple font colour

[quote=“Robin_L, post:58, topic:944”]
So I’d streamline things a bit, retire Personality of the Year so that Sol can’t win it again, and then just keep POTY. and then give POTY special privilege like free Arsenal tickets or a snazzy purple font colour
[/quote]Haha, Personality and Poster really are two completely different things though :slight_smile: Not going to streamline these into one as the formula works fine for these two awards. Besides, @Sol hasn’t won Personality award in about 4 years. Shame he’s not very active on here these days :santi:

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions so far lads. If you have anymore, keep them coming in. I think I’m starting to narrow in on what awards to have for this year.

No one’s fully explained though how a Hipster award would work :smiley:

1 Like

Over to you @AbouCuellar

EASY

Its a hip hop,Hippie to the hippie,
The hip, hip a hop, and you don’t stop, a rock it !

2 Likes

hip·ster1
ˈhipstər/Submit
nouninformal
a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.

Applying that to OA, I imagine a person who has a lot of views a little contrary to the average football fan. A sign of being a football hipster is sharing a bunch of graphs and or charts showing expected goals scored per game, ect. The shit the average football fan like you and I would look at and not be able to read. There’s a few hipsters out there though that know a lot more than most of us. They need to be recognized IMO! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so we should have a goals expected award too then

1 Like

I’m okay with that cause my boy Theo would be nominated!! :theo: