OA Awards 2016

#teamox

More like we wouldnā€™t give a fuck about id say. :slight_smile:

(Is it hipster to think graphs are mostly bollocks yet?)

2 Likes

No way man. Graphs are in. Hipsters hate graphs. You hipster

1 Like

Well it looks like things are settling down, so unless we get any last minute suggestions, I think Iā€™ll begin to look at getting the nomination process sorted, and make the thread later this week. Unveil the awards on offer and various other criteria. Thanks folks!

Canā€™t wait to get it started :smiley:

2 Likes

Fuck you Robbo :sunglasses:

1 Like

What about best european and rest of the world poster as an idea.

[quote=ā€œStroller, post:70, topic:944, full:trueā€]
What about best european and rest of the world poster as an idea.
[/quote]Interesting idea! Iā€™ve thought about something similar recently. Iā€™d prefer to perhaps use it another year, ideally when weā€™ve got some sort of nationality flag system back, to make it easier for everyone to know who is where, not to mention thereā€™s been so many member changes, it still needs to settle down more.

But good suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I kind of like the lack of a flag tbh.

Iā€™d like to be counted as ROW. I ainā€™t no dirty European. :bellerin:

Come back player of the yearā€¦ LEN~~~

The deadline for nominations has now passed. We ended up with 18 sets in the end, so a big thank you to those who took the time to send me their lists.

Thereā€™s a really strong presence throughout the lists this year, many strong contenders :smiley: I will create the polls sometime tomorrow late afternoon/early evening (Thursday), and then let battle commence!

One question I thought Iā€™d ask you guys. Obviously the polls system is a lot different on here than VB, some minor details missing. When you keep voting anonymous, thereā€™s no number to say what each option has received, only a percentage bar at the end, and overall number of voters for the poll, which is kinda annoying. However these awards have always taken place without memberā€™s votes shown. When polls are shown publicly, you get what each member voted for displayed underneath, and count from that.

So in short, would you guys prefer to have votes shown publicly, so you can see and be able to count each total. Or would you be happy to keep voting anonymously as usual, deal with the percentage bar and work out the number of votes from that instead?

Might as well go public. We made the like system public too.

Keep it anon. If people want to know numbers they can use a calculator. :slight_smile:

1 Like

keep it anon for me too. People tend too say who they voted for if they want people to know.

Make me public. Would be fun to see the forum & world burn.

The polls are now open! Polls will remain open until Thursday 15th December 7pm. So you have a full week to cast your vote for each poll.

Votes are annoymous btw! Have fun :smiley:

And special thanks to my good old buddy @Bl1nk for making the very cool award logos for each award :sunglasses:

1 Like

Should have made the votes public in regard to who voted for who.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œAussiegooner, post:81, topic:944, full:trueā€]
Should have made the votes public in regard to who voted for who.
[/quote]I gave it a lot of consideration, but in the end I felt Iā€™d keep it at anonymous voting for a few reasons. Firstly, for tradition, as itā€™s always been hidden voting and a number of members prefer to not reveal their choices. But secondly, I figured, if people want to reveal, they can, which in turn can generate discussion and activity in the threads.

I wasnā€™t sure if by leaving it public, people wouldnā€™t be talking as much. I donā€™t know :slight_smile: Maybe itā€™s something open for debate for next year awards. For now, was better to keep it as familar as possible.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, are nominations shared accross the admins and mods? Not that it matters tbh.

Theyā€™re mostly kept to myself, though I might let on about a couple of details and choices that have been made if thereā€™s anything amusing or interest :henry2: Though I donā€™t reveal where the nominations came from.