Mesut Özil

Still edible.

1 Like

We don’t deserve this guy

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/958540853454176256

7 Likes

Shwew, we all knew it was coming. Not a peep from anywhere about anyone being remotely interested.

Sven is going to be completely retooling this team in the summer as well. Now that Wenger can’t be his own enemy with baffling personel decisions, and Sven is in full swing, I’ve got hope for us next year.

3 Likes

He shows cojones after yesterday’s performance.

https://twitter.com/GGFN_/status/958614792708739072

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

They probably told him Wenger is leaving :wink:

3 Likes

60m well spent

8 Likes

Please let it be true, please let it be true, please let it be true…I’ll promise to be a good boy and say my prayers before bedtime and eat all my greens and not have any more unnatural thoughts about my chemistry teacher Miss Baker…

3 Likes

This would be better than any new signing.

Would be even better if it was today – a joint video with Aubameyang. I’d probably have an orgasm.

3 Likes

tenor (1)

1 Like

Ozil is very forgiving to this current Arsenal side, does he like London that much, is he that naive or perhaps just lacking in ambition these days

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/AFCAMDEN/status/958627446735163392

MADNESS

1 Like

If by madness you mean the onset of a serious mental condition…yeah, that feels about right.

2 Likes

Very strange career move by Mesut, not that I’m complaining but I find it an odd choice if he has signed a contract.

Over at redcafe they are pissed thought they could get him on a free in the summer lol

Just thinking out loud here but perhaps he’s been told that a new manager is coming in (perhaps even been told who it is) for July which, on top of Auba, has convinced him to stay?

It does seem odd from a career perspective. He could be earning more money, challenging for the CL and winning domestic titles at most clubs right now so why waste your prime at Arsenal? That is the harsh reality.

8 Likes

It’s multiple reasons I guess. We can probably offer him more wages than Bayern and Juventus and he’ll be 30 next season. Who is going to offer a really big contract? We are the ones who are desperate. We added a couple players of his generation who have spend multiple years in Germany with whom he can connect better. A lot of teams are covered in attacking midfield (United are probably the only big club in actual need for an attacking midfielder). Plus he might just really like London-life and he’s already a World Cup winner anyway. All that combined wouldn’t make it a huge suprise if he stays.

Until it’s on the Arsenal website I assume he’s going btw :laughing:.

1 Like

I agree.
Ozil is an intelligent enough person to know that just getting Aubameyang isn’t going to solve any of the issues we have about our inept performances this season.

I’m not sure about these rumours anyway but if they are true, Ozil is going to want some assurances from the club about our ambition and more big signings.

Selling your best player and signing two very good players won’t be enough to persuade him, but if he has been told that Wenger won’t be there and they are getting a top European manager to replace him, then that might swing it in our favour.

Losing him at the end of our worst season under Wenger would be unacceptable.
But Wenger only has himself to blame for seeing all our best players leave.