Man Utd vs Arsenal (Premier League)

It’s sad how predictable this has become. A more difficult stretch and there go the points down the drain.

Rio really merked himself there. Quack quack :grimacing:

“It feels like a defeat and, for sure, for Arsenal it feels like a victory,” Mourinho told reporters.

“So finally I lost against Arsenal. Finally I lost against Arsene.”

Lol Mourinho is proper obsessed.

Seriously need Santi back.

Elneny and Le Coq just can’t drive forward.

Nevertheless, we got a point when we probably shouldn’t have.

In games against united the form means nothing, so we stole a point from them at their stomping ground.

Time to move on and rejig that lineup Wenger.

I honestly don’t know how much more average ManUtd have to become until we beat them consistently in the league. They were convincingly non threatening for large parts of the game and yet somehow we managed to be worse.

Also how long it takes Wenger to make subs in a game like this is just stupid. You’d think that 70 minutes of nothing would be enough to change things up.

5 Likes

I guess there’s always the home game folks :laughing:

0-0.

Whatever I’ll take it

Absolutely garbage performance but we somehow got an underserved point, we again look like a side that will finish 3rd or 4th in this league based on what I’ve seen this season.

4 Likes

Disappointingly lacking that spark that’s made us stand out this season.

Alexis up front in THIS team was probably a mistake. Our exciting offensive game is not just Sanchez/Ozil/Walcott/Iwobi but also Bellerin/Cazorla too, so to miss 3 of those 6 and then not pick Xhaka to try and compensate then why not just go for Giroud and try and play that game instead? I don’t blame Jenks for being Jenks but Bellerin was such a huge miss. His pace is so key to many of our attacks and Chamberlain effectively taking his place is probably what won it for us.

It just felt like we were happy with a point and maybe we were with all the Mourinho / Old Trafford voodoo but it was still disappointing to be second best for 90% of the game.

6 Likes

Straight up fucking atrocious. So poor that we should be 110% clear how the season is going now. WE ARE NOT WINNING SHIT.

We have the most stale manager in the whole of Europe right now. He has no tactical intelligence or courage in his locker. Absolutely none! And if he ever did, he point blank refuses to even contemplate using it!

He is a one plan merchant. He has no understanding of what’s even going on with the match events. We need someone new, someone more advanced and understanding of how to organise and prepare for this level.

What a sad state of affairs for a once great team.

5 Likes

Once again Wenger was found wanting Hassassin.
I only saw about 20 mins of the game because I switched off when they scored an went for a walk. But even I could see once again we were getting a battering and Wenger had no idea what to do about it.
I couldn,t believe that we couldn,t get out of our half in the second half and sat fiddling on the bench while we were stumbling about blind men. Nothing changes with this club. Same half hearted Shite every season under Wenger.We will be lucky to get top 4 with Wenger at the helm.
It wouldn,t be so bad if our players showed some balls when needed. How the fkk can our players no be up for this game?
They embarrassed us with their commitment.

1 Like

We’ll get top four comfortably but this man doesn’t know how to outsmart his rival managers and get the best out of his squad during any kind of adversity. Without that flexibility and awareness how is he going to take the crucial points needed to win the title?

1 Like

So earlier you said it’s the only match you’ve watched this season, and it turns out you only watched twenty minutes of it. Lol

Did alright against Chelsea didn’t we?

Brilliant performance that day, but as things stand we are currently 1 win from 4 against the top 6 and if this trend continues I doubt 2 or 3 wins from 10 against the top 6 gets the job done in regards to winning the League.

Fair enough. But I was responding to whether or not Wenger could perform against rival managers. So far it seems actually he can.

He does also usually judge Giroud’s performances on the 5 minutes he wasn’t asleep or out with the dog so nothing new really :slight_smile:

1 Like

He did. But Oliver you need to look at the details of these games in recent years against Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Bayern that we very impressively won at home. All of these teams were set up to try and play us off the park at our own game. We’re amazing when teams play into our hands like that. It’s why I feel like we could do well in the Champions League against teams like PSG. It’s a you play, we play game that we love. All the Premier League teams that come to the Emirates to do that are coming in with a tactically naive approach. While our manager is also continuously playing into other managers hands in the majority of the big games.

We beat Chelsea with our A game and our best team for that style was playing. Wenger and the team got it spot on that day, but what costs us in the long run is that he sticks to the same system almost exclusively. He just doesn’t change it up often enough, if at all, regardless of the opponent, our available squad or the circumstances. I hoped the victory over City away in early 2015 when we were without Ozil, could have inspired tactical flexibility and understanding for the big games… yet we’re still being out-thought by other managers winning the tactical battle over Wenger.

Spurs and Man Utd played us differently. Their approach looked to stifle our A game (both occasions we weren’t anywhere near our A game anyway given the missing personnel needed to play it), and we had no B or C strategy until perhaps the 70th minute yesterday where we brought on the perfect players for the type of game it was. Credit for stealing the unlikeliest of points but why on Earth did Wenger wait until we were behind to make them? Why did he start Coquelin and Elneny in midfield, with Ramsey out wide? If that was his idea of a plan B, it was a complete failure.

The jist is, when everyone is fit and the opponent wants to play on our terms, we’re terrific.

When that’s not the case, has our manager got much else to offer?

1 Like

Eh, not so sure about that tbh, it’s between us Spurs and United. I think it’ll come down to us and Spurs really but while we’ve got the better team on paper they’ve got the better manager. If injuries don’t favour us it’s certainly conceivable they keep us out of the top 4 which tbh would probably be a blessing provided it meant Wenger retired/the board convinced him to retire.

Also re: your other posts I don’t think it’s really so simple as plan A or plan B and we don’t have plan B and have a good plan A. I think it’s more like: things like Chelsea can happen, or United last season, but if it’s just once a season I’m not sure how much it means, it’s bound to happen when you’ve got as much talent as we do and it clicks on the day. Happens for Spurs too…

At this point the flaws with Wenger are numerous. He’s just not a very good manager, we could dissect it more, talk about poor squad planning, poor judgment of players, the poor tactical play of his teams that are a reflection of him, etc. etc. but it’s easier to just say we’ve got a very average manager as far as the league’s considered and the worst manager by a good distance of the top 5 teams (leaving United out of it as I’m really not sure who is better Wenger or Mourinho, I prefer to think Wenger, but I think they’re both rather shit and tbh if I didn’t hate Mourinho so much I might see a case for Mourinho being better sadly, but meh, not an argument worth getting into).

1 Like

An alternative way of looking at things is that United also weren’t able to beat us.

It wasn’t a pretty sight at all, I cannot stress how much work the team have to put in to rectify this going forward, but in retrospect the end result really isn’t bad.

Furthermore, struggles often spur on success. As chelsea are currently discovering.