Man Utd vs Arsenal (Premier League)

We will most def. have a stretch of good games when the schedule clears up and win games. And lose points again in high profile games. More or less like we’ve done in the first twelve games.

1 Like

Correct and more or less like we have done in the past Decade, we are well on pace for another 3rd or 4th place finish.

Is it the struggles spurring them on or the new manager having got familiar with his team and found out his best team and system?

1 Like

It’s the latter most definitely.

Can you belive many were saying he should get sacked because of his shabby start? Conte is a quality manager Allegri is benefitting massively from his work over at Juve.

Yeah I agree, I was being a prick really, it was rhetorical.

The players put it down to the former but okay.

You are right the result masks the appaling performance and the annual mugging off by maureen and mufc . You can even point out that we are indefeated since the opening game if it makes you feel better or that its November ,our worst month traditionally. Yes we have even beaten Chelsea this term . . . . . . .but . This team ,this manager will never win the league again that is clear .
Make no mistake UTD were garbage on Saturday . All three of our peers Chelsea UTD n City changed managers AGAIN and it takes time to adapt but we plod on same as before. whilst those three teams mentioned shed their skin and march on and others like them and liverpool seek to crash the party too we are left behind and the season is effectively over. better go for the fa cup .

2 Likes

A lot of dooming going on here. It was an absolutely abject performance, I agree. I have not been this bored or frustrated watching the Arsenal since the absolute drudgery of that run of fixtures towards the end of last season. The dropping of points here and against Spurs is irritatingly predictable. I guess it would hurt more if our good early run inflated your expectations for the title, but I kept in mind throughout that period that it was an easy run of games. We’ve all become very familiar with Wenger’s habits, his ideals, and his flaws by this point. I’ve come to accept that his style may no longer be optimal over the course of the season for consistently winning things. That’s why my happiness at the end of the season is not contingent only on winning the title (of course that would be great), but I would be content if for once we were at least there or thereabouts by the end. Even if it is a 3rd or 4th place finish. I would feel better if we made it close right up till the last day, rather than the comedy 2nd place finish we landed last season. And look, despite the dire performance today, there is still the possibility of that happening.

On another kind of bittersweet note, Giroud’s goal breaks the 9-year goal drought Arsenal have had against Mourinho. And Mourinho was sad at the end of the game. There’s no way you can’t be happy about that. As vacuous and lifeless as we were, a United team that tried really hard (and they did) still couldn’t beat us, at home too. In the tone and spirit of Nelson from the Simpsons, “HA-HA”.

3 Likes

Shocking performance

Ive no idea what happens to our players when we face a Mourinho team. They just seem to freeze for no reason what so ever

To only have 1 shot on target against a defence of Valencia, Jones, Rojo and Darmian is a total joke. That Utd defence has to be one of the worst they have had in years and we dont even test them

The only plus point is that it was nice to get a point after playing so badly

1 Like

Worse than Varela - Carrick - Blind - Rojo (Fosu-Mensah) last season when we lost 3:2? One point should feel like a win considering how sh*t we played. Massive disapointment. I just hope Mr. Wenger comes up with answer for the next games.

We played a bad game, for sure, but we can’t moan our squad or our manager for the performance.

Wenger choosed the XI to put pressure on their midfield, trying to stop their intentions to score. Elneny and Coquelin (not Xhaka because he is a statical player) were good to press, to recover the ball and to counterattack with short passes from the centre of the pitch to the flanks (especially the right with Walcott v Darmian).

Unfortunately United were in a better condition, with a good balance between the technique and strenght. Mourinho limited Sanchez (unfit to play a great game like that) and Mesut (he knows how to stop a player who has been with him for years), taking profit on the right with Valencia against a poor Aaron Ramsey, not capable to help Coquelin and Elneny neither Ozil.

On defense we have been perfect, apart the logic difficulties on the left with Monreal against a powerful player like their right back.

Probably you are right about the late subs, but the 1-1 at Old Trafford, against Mourinho and against a team with qualities, is a good result and remains a good result.

1 Like

Watch us come good in December and January with a string of strong wins and then shit the bed in February.

This is why no one wants to make a movie about Arsenal. We know every twist and turn already.

2 Likes

Uninspiring against a team that will struggle to get into top 4 reckoning (tbf I thought they would be second favorites for title behind City). Really wasn’t terribly impressed with anyone but Ox and Ollie combined nicely for a very important goal.

Still missing a bit of extra magic in attack when we need it right now… feels like we are one attacker short of title-contending atm.

1 Like

I think it’s the midfield, the problem we had in this match and all the other times they’ve played together was that Coquelin and Elneney aren’t going to bring the ball forward successfully. Ramsey can do the job but he was played completely out of position, something Wenger has done for 2 years now.

It shows that when we miss Cazorla, we don’t have someone else who can play from deep and start moves off. Alexis and Ozil can’t come deep all the time and do it themselves.

November + United at OT + Mourinho… what was y’all expecting. Still robbed a point haha.

1 Like

[quote]“I knew it would be a bit more of a physical battle so I chose players who have experience and fight,” said Wenger.

“That’s why my selection was because of that. At the end of the day, everyone gave their maximum and there is a special spirit in the squad.[/quote]

He tried to counter Mourinho’s style with Mourinho’s own style…

I tend to agree, but if you have Ramsey as wing attacker (calamity) and Theo looking fairly anonymous, it was always going to be tough no matter who are midfield were. They are both issues, but to me the larger one is the glaring need for a top-quality attacker to help out Ozil and Sanchez.

They simply don’t seem to be available. Higuain was really the only one moving this summer and he went for 80m, so thats a no.

Id like to see Sanchez back on the left and Giroud starting more often, Sanchez and Ozil can still make runs when Giroud vacates that space. It would give us someone in the box to look for when we are running out of ideas.

Perez also hasnt been given a shot and to me he looks like a good player.

Not dooming but lamenting , lamenting an appalling performance and a tactical no show from the manager again !

Do him and Bold even speak anymore ?