Ludogorets Razgrad vs Arsenal (Champions League)

Three points. Couldn’t care less about the performance. Thanks very much.

Well, that was a classic Arsenal performance. Go into the game as massive favourites, give the opposition a head start.

It certainly made for a far more entertaining game than expected, after going 2-0 down. Pretty comical really. Getting two goals before Half time was crucial. Though I can’t believe it too us SO long to find a winner. Dropping points here would’ve been embrassing.

But sometimes in a game, it takes one moment of brilliance to decide a match. Big players have to stand up and be counted and deliver when it matters. And what a fucking cool finish it was from the man, Mesut Ozil. He had a similar chance like that against Sunderland only days ago. It’s almost like he learnt from that mistake and pulled it off at a time we needed it most.

Rival fans will say, it’s only some random Bulgarian team. But come on, if it were done by Messi, it be praised to high heavens. A truly wonderful way to win the match.

Defensively, we looked out of sorts at times tonight. Credit to Ludogorets though. Both matches they caused a number of problems, they have a pretty nice attacking style. We can be so grateful though that their defense is non existant at times :smiley:

Anywho, we’re through to the KO already, and the task against PSG is simple. Beat the Frenchies, and we go through as group winners and field youth players against Basel.

It’s a bloody good job we didn’t leave the likes of Ozil back in London eh @Castiel ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beat PSG and we top the group.

Fucking ridiculous competition though that both teams are qualified after 4 games.

I really like our 3rd kit, one of our best in a long time. Sexy as fuck.

3 Likes

Great win and through to the knockouts by the end of GW4! :smiley: Good to see Giroud and Ozil scoring again and onto the NLD!

NEVER LEAVE US :ozil:

1 Like

1 Like

Love it, but would rather see us wear the normal kit if it doesn’t clash with the opponents kit.

1 Like

I cant forgive our badge on that shirt. You just dont do that to the crest, man.

2 Likes

Great to be through in 4 games no matter what.
Resoultion shown like this and a few other games late on this season and wed have walked the title last season.

We looked like a team that had changed 3/5 of their defensive setup. The first goal a set piece you can forgive that’s how most inferior teams score against better opposition. The comeback was exciting though. I don’t like Giroud, Alexis, and Ramsey as our front three though. Wenger better go back to the setup that got us here this weekend.

1 Like

2-0 down after 15 minutes and it was deja vu/panic/disbelief/grumpiness all over again, what have they done to my Arsenal? Obviously not complaining but it felt weird we didn’t collapse and in the end we manage to win the game… and what a winner!!

It just felt weird… and Mesutastic!

:ozil:

Ozil’s winner was just absolute class, it now all comes down to the match vs PSG at home… Either way though we will probably get the Runners up in the Atleti/ Bayern group even if we do top our group.

1 Like

Turning the cannon round and going for a Pannini sticker years ago, stopped me being arsed about things like this.

1 Like

We won from two nil down, great. Ozil scorer a majestic goal, fantastic.

However those two goals were due to shambolic defending, we should never have been down by two goals that quickly if we repected the opposition enough. Same in the first leg as well. Do that against a better team and we’ll be punished.

2 Likes

We got away with that last night!

Was thinking it is November so its predictable. Great comeback though and that Ozil goal was just sheer class

Nice to be through already and would be even better to get top spot for once

Don’t know if this is just for UK viewers but BT have the highlights on their YouTube

Pretty sure I passed by Chuba Akpom and some other fellow on the streets straight the game. Was surprised he wasn’t at the game if he traveled with the club.

Slack defending .all game with little tracking back from midfield but they dug themselves the whole and then climbed bacj out of it. A wins a win though.

Looking a bit more at the highlights, I think it’s fair to say Ludogorets were hard done by in the game. Should’ve been a draw at least, given the chances they had.

They’re awful and open at the back, but their front 4 are proper shop window stuff, especially Wanderson. It was never going to be another 6-0 but they should’ve scored a couple at ‘Emirates Stadium’ and I hope that’s served notice that we aren’t as tight a defensive unit as we’d hope right now.

1 Like