Lucas Pérez

Good or bad, can be subjective… but I could feel his honesty this time :poldi:

[quote=“JakeyBoy, post:378, topic:584, full:true”]
Good Lord this thread is a bag of shite.

Yes it can be boring to read the same criticisms over and over again. But you know what else can be boring? Coming on here and reading Wenger’s excuses being made for him by proxy. It gets incredibly tiresome having to read that same old shit over and over again, just like the reverse is true.

Honestly, some Wenger supporters are so high and mighty, acting like they have a monopoly on finding things they don’t agree with to be tedious.
[/quote]https://media.giphy.com/media/NnGGHE0muVqpO/giphy.gif

[quote=“AbouCuellar, post:382, topic:584”]
Oh sheeitt…someone just got on @Mysty’s bad side
[/quote]Quite frankly, it’s about time I had some competition for the award :wenger:

1 Like

It was a joke fella wind your neck in a notch . Quelle surprise Another akb that can dish it out but cant take it . same as it ever was

1 Like

You do realise that is exactly how people with an opposing view feel about posters like you?

It’s the almost unwavering support for Wenger, when clearly he has made mistakes that is just as annoying.

I might criticise what you say, or what you think is true, but the difference is, I would never stop, or try and stop you from saying it.

It’s like the AKB’s have some sort of moral high ground, and just look down on anyone who doesn’t have the same opinion as they do.

Is there anything about Wenger that you wouldn’t defend, or is he really that perfect?

1 Like

I’m going to take a moment to discuss Perez.

If anyone has some time to kill have a browse at http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8155

He was absolutely adored at that club and held in such high esteem by fans. I for one am really glad we have him here.

2 Likes

Hahahaha even the depor fans know how bad fraudlade is :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

If WOB would pull they head out they arrogant ass they’d see that I’ve have not supported any cause; it’s been all about the player, I just challenged people’s excuse to hate the player that played 60mins of football. There are things I would defend and there things I won’t defend. I don’t post anything subjective and say it’s fact, I may give my opinion yes but never yes that’s fact; if my opinion proven I go sure cool, I don’t keep swinging from one thing to another. People trying to place me in to a category I dispise especially when that’s not the case.

1 Like

I’m sure any supporter of a team that has been on the Spanish second division twice in recent seasons is going to appreciate a reasonably good player.

But we should be aiming a little higher.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, here’s an opinion of a Celta fan (Depor’s rivals):

Man, Lucas Pérez is just too good. And this is coming from a supporter of the long-term rival of Deportivo, but Lucas Pérez has to be the starting striker in the Spanish National team. He’s just too good.

It’s just a shame how he wasted half of his professional career in Ukraine and Greece. Sure he get paid a lot, but it’s crazy how has evolved, nowadays is one hell of a player. Miles better than the actual Pedro, Negredo, Soldado, Jackson Martínez and even Benzema or Alcácer. Well actually, it’s arguably one of the best players of La Liga, and with any doubt, the revelation of it. Actually, it’s only his 2nd year in a competent league and well… he scored two goals in a EL qualifyers with PAOK, then went to Deportivo and… boum, this year exploded.

The last season, Lucas was seen as a winger, CAM or any position in the pitch, but to away from the goal. Actually, it didn’t looked that he could manage to be a prolific goalscorer, because he was the typical “fast, electric” player that doesn’t seems to be really good in netting the ball. But then again, this season he was proven as a CF, near the net. It seemed strange at first but Deportivo drawed 5 games thanks to his goals (and against Valencia, Sevilla, Atlético de Madrid, Athletic Club and Levante, four teams that are just too superior), and ed our arse in the Galician Derby ( you Lucas) and netting.

So, fastly his some kinda Griezmann. He’s very similar actually; he’s a CF, but he surely can play in both sides of the pitch, and as CAM (it’s more likeably to play as a CAM than as a winger nowadays); but anyways, he cover a lot of space. He likes to go to the midfield and play, fall to both sides of the field… he’s very, very complete and talented. He’s fast, and his strong points are that he’s constantly moving, that he nets easily, and that he can combine easily also. It’s a joy to watching play, also because he has a lot of blood in his vains.

Also, he’s a very, very clever guy. He’s the typical player that would cause a fail in the center back and steal the ball to net, or something like that. Not really really technical wizard, he’s more a runner (he could destroy everything in Premier), and a playmaker.

Just look at Deportivo. The past season were absolutely ****, and this Season are in EL places. I mean, Lucas companion’s are just mediocre at his best in attacking, some of them even doesn’t have a minimum level. Deportivo has (except 2-3 players besides Lucas) a full squad that it’s capable to be at 15th place at his best. He’s just a hidden gem out there. Don’t think it twice.

and:

Lucas Pérez is born in Coruña, it’s a Deportivo de la Coruña supporter and loves his team and City. He’s the star and idol of his team and a future captain. I don’t really know if he’s a money seeker or a “loving club man”, so I can’t really speak if he will leave Deportivo. I doubt that he leaves in January, but he might depart this summer to a bigger team. He seems really confortable in his city, but you never know…

Comparing him to Nolito, Lucas appears in a lot more of sites that Nolo, he’s faster, more physical. Maybe he’s less “pure talented” than Nolito, and does more simple goals and dribbles, but Lucas is more playmaker and less goaler/assister and appears more outside the box or in really dangerous areas.

It hurts my heart to say this, because I hope that Lucas Pérez car breaks before every match so he can’t play with Depor (and I’m being soft), but he’s one hell of a player. It’s difficult to compare Nolito to him, Nolito is a more “zonal” player, and Lucas (like Aguero, i.e.) it’s more a player that likes to cover all the pitch and do everything. That said, and talking only about football… I wouldn’t be mad if Celta had Lucas instead Nolito, but the market value of Nolito is higher than Lucas one. (Now erase this last phrase or I won’t enter in Balaidos again lol).

Think that Nolito plays in a Europa League Squad that it’s currently qualified 4th, meanwhile Lucas plays in a 12th-16th squad that it’s currently in Europa League sites. Ask Swansea about the last player that they bought in a similar situation…

1 Like

Wait…so Perez is a 'mercenary??? I thought we don’t like that here at Arsenal???

Wow what amazing comments. Great find! I think we might have a real gem on our hands. :slight_smile:

He must be a top10 player in the world if he’s better than Benzema and close to the world elite if he’s miles better than Pedro. Quite a lot of hyperbole in both of the opinions above which probably goes as far in the opposite direction in terms of his ability as some on here do by saying that he’s not going to be good enough for us to take the team to a new level.

Like when that was posted before, I cannot continue reading past

Really? Benzema may be a stretch but the rest of those guys mentioned haven’t proven to be anything to wank about.

I don’t know anyone who hates him after one match.
My opinion is based on what he has done before he came here, not on one performance for us.

I just feel after waiting so long to replace RVP we could have done better than Perez.

2 Likes

Agreed. Although I really did enjoy the Negredo Aguero partnership, some absolutely wonderful moments there, a shame it didn’t last.

1 Like

It’s a common thing in Spain for (you can insert the adjective you can imagine I’d put here ;)) supporters to rate Benzema in with this group of players. Finally less common at this point but the writer of this post–he’s practically fucking famous at this point :sweat_smile:–is probably one of this group.

Anyways, you can always find something like this about a relative “unknown” that gets people from the new team excited when a transfer is made. The good news is that plenty of people who watched Depor last season were impressed with Lucas and thought he could go to a bigger club. But this is and always was a transfer that could and can go either way, success, or doesn’t really catch on and stays here too long like others/goes back to a smaller club. I maintain the take and dose of scepticism I had in my post when the rumour first came up. (nvm, I see it’s in the rumour mill thread)

We closed that thread because we wanted to maintain the player threads as quality discussion of the player…so…yeah…

1 Like

Well thats fucked in this thread. :joy:Maybe a mod could move the last 100 odd posts into some other thread so its stops polluting this thread with its “debate” :sleeping::sleeping: