Lucas Pérez

Ahhh so you’re in favour of the interesting tactic of only having a squad of 11 players I take it?

Ian Wright scored 23 goals in 87/88 (in all competitions), 33 in 88/89, 15 in 89/90, 25 in 90/91 and 5 goals in 8 games in 91/92 before joining Arsenal in that 91/92 season and made his England debut as a Crystal Palace player. Very different situation that this one.

2 Likes

** This thread is full of crap** Agree, you have kind of stunk the place out ,havent you !

1 Like

this thread fucking hell. Is any of the last 100 posts been about Perez? Or just all arguing about strikers.

Be great if we could just use the players thread to discuss the players performances for arsenal lads

1 Like

He has too play in order to talk about his performance though :wink:.

Those are in all comps, his highest total in a top flight league prior to coming to Arsenal at 28 was 15 goals in 38 games, albeit he lit up the FA Cup, the season before he hit 8 in 26. He played his first season in the top flight in 89.

The season he hit 33, 24 of them were in the second division, the rest in cups

Source

1 Like

I love this. Classic AKB tactic. Because we should just forget about all the times we were right about a player not being good enough and bow down to the Master Wenger when the dumb shit pulls one out of the hat that works out. Sanogo is still takin up a squad place right now.

2 Likes

Link?

It’s a fact fans complained about signing Kosceilny. Using your logic though you would of happily complained about Kosceilny, Henry, Vieira, Bellerin, Pires, Petit, Anelka, Fabregas, RVP, Lauren, Lungberg, Sagna etc etc . They would of all been classified as ‘unknowns’.

Some transfers work out, some don’t, it’s the nature of the beast, sit back and watch.

But Wright was already an established striker.
In fact he was our most expensive signing, so he must have been already top quality for George Graham to splash out our record transfer fee for him.

Like I’m going to dig through old threads for your sake. It’s a fact people complained in various threads over on Mania. If you were posting and the same person you are now I’m pretty sure you’d be whining to.

He’s not prem proven so obviously going to fail. Only 17m and given the no.9. Recipe for disaster.

Want to get personal; well with bs that’s falling from your mouth which purely self indulgent. Forgive me being fed up of the whining and people making points with no evidence, which is bias and say yeah fact. Let’s face you talk shit and say it’s fact when you get proven wrong you talk another stance and keep shifting till people get bored of responding to you.

1 Like

Exactly this

1 Like

Congrats, you got the grand prize.
Next time pleas wish for a good RW and a new manager :wenger:

Good Lord this thread is a bag of shite.

Yes it can be boring to read the same criticisms over and over again. But you know what else can be boring? Coming on here and reading Wenger’s excuses being made for him by proxy. It gets incredibly tiresome having to read that same old shit over and over again, just like the reverse is true.

Honestly, some Wenger supporters are so high and mighty, acting like they have a monopoly on finding things they don’t agree with to be tedious.

14 Likes

You are my MOD of the year, Jakey…

1 Like

This has very little to do with wenger; it is about giving the player a chance and not writing him off because of the wenger out agenda or look how terrible our transfers etc. So far the only people talking about wenger is not the apologist as you like to call them but those who want him gone, and using the purchase of Perez as an example. Let’s be honest now the only people that finds things wrong are the wenger Out brigade; and if you don’t agree with they point you have the problem or talking crap etc

3 Likes

I’m still not sure who this guy is or if he even exists.

Oh sheeitt…someone just got on @Mysty’s bad side :rosicky:

5 Likes