Jeff Reine-Adelaide

I wish I could see what you see. I mean that genuinely, not in a sassy way

2 Likes

He literally insane man. Best arsenal yoof since a cub named Cesc

1 Like

Well, he shows composure(a bit too calm for a full-back early on but he seems to have improved showing urgency when needed), has great technique and awareness plus a very good athlete.
I would be really pissed if we waste him as a full-back for another season. That’s a dynamic #8 we have, need to utilize it as such.

1 Like

Guendouzi and AMN are only potential world beaters in the advent of a nuclear war massacring the majority of the world’s population

1 Like

Both of them are shite, relegation level fodder we’re making do with

You’re so wrong my friend.

1 Like

Not sure who you’re describing but it’s definitely not Maitland-Niles.

4 Likes

AMN was one of the very few bright spots at the end of our season. @GC-Maniac all good man I agree with u, everyone used to shit on Ox here too and when I told them he was a CM I was roundly criticized. Then the god of OA Klopp, bought him to play him as a CM lelelelel. Truth is nobody really knows what they are talking about around here.

1 Like

But Wenger insisted on playing Ox on the wing for 6 years :face_with_monocle:

Part of his training to learn to play CM. I told ya then and I’ll tell u again he was being groomed as a Santi replacement and Klopp strong armed him away from us :cry::cry::cry:

Reine-Adelaide was playing as a roving #8/#10 in the game that I saw. Several times he was the furthest man forward.

Oops :eyes:

What’s wrong with 10% of resale? General question. People who aren’t Calum can answer also.

1 Like

It’s fine. It’s that we lost out on what is turning into a good player who is now going for 20 perhaps… we need to harvest better returns from investments like this if we are going to compete financially.

1 Like

The 10% is fine, but losing out and selling a player for absolutely nothing, who then turns out to be exactly the kind of player smaller ligue 1 teams can attach a decent pricetag to, is really frustrating.

Just another example of the shit asset management we are known for.

And what i’m scared we’ll continue to do so if we get Zaha, for one.

1 Like

Wasn’t he injured quite a lot during his latest tenure with us? I don’t remember him ripping anything up football wise that even made him seem worthy of a call up.

I know in the face of what’s been going on at the club lately makes this seem like another one that’s slipped through our fingers by us being truly negligent, but this will happen from time to time. Kids leave us and excel elsewhere. Different environments and sporting cultures effect different people.

4 Likes

Yea I’d definitely give more of a shit about this if he’d done anything in an Arsenal shirt. I also think it’s a bit premature to be paying this kind of money for him on the back of 30 games but I guess that’s the market we live in. Not convinced we’ve missed out here yet.

3 Likes

We signed him, played him a little and loaned him out and then sold him to an interested club in what I would assume was the final year of his deal.

I’m not really sure what else we were meant to do with him. Give him a big extension, loan him out in the hope that Porto want to pay €20m for him some time in the future?

4 Likes

Some folks would probably be in favor of tying every half decent prospect down to insane contracts in the hopes they hit. What they don’t realize is that’s part of how we ended up with a fucked wage bill in the first place.

1 Like

This is fair, but we really need to get it right a couple of times. Valuation and asset management has been shambles in the last 5+ years.

1 Like