January Transfer window thread

I think Chelsea are the ones that told Barkley they wouldn’t be signing him last summer and told him to say it was his idea, it’s a little convenient that they were so close to signing him back then and he suddenly “changes his mind” only for them to come back in for him in January without a hitch.

He probably turned up and they realised the extent of his injury and that there was no chance he could play in the first half of the season so there wasn’t really a point in signing him, better to wait until January and save quite a bit of money which in this case is around £20mil without angering Everton.

Someone like Barkley doesn’t turn down a Chelsea tbh.

4 Likes

Guess he is replacing Khedira. Too old by now.

Liverpool probably won’t miss him, with Keita coming in

Emre Can is decent. Wish we had him instead of Xhaka.

1 Like

Wenger mr. Buzzkill :facepalm:

When asked on Friday if Aubameyang was a possible Arsenal target, Wenger said: “No, it is not a possibility.”

Wenger said: "I want him [Walcott] to stay.

“I heard about that [the Southampton link] but personally I want him to stay.”

Barkley wont survive outside of Merseyside. Like zaha going to united he will miss his mates in a new place. Another Jack Rodwell this one.

1 Like

Wenger will never be ruthless in the market. Loves his shite players too much. Was even willing to make Chamberlain our highest earner. Says how dillusioned he is by ‘loyalty’.

6 Likes

“I want him to stay” for a player with 47 league minutes under his belt? :mustafi:

6 Likes

He must brew the perfect cuppa because it certainly isn’t for football reasons.

1 Like

Tbf ‘I want him to stay’ is probably to get the price up…

1 Like

I can believe it from the mug that was willing to give Chamberlain 180K a week.

3 Likes

Sources close to the club confirmed that Arsenal had been asked about Olma, but the eventual transfer is still far from realization.

Why?! He never fucking plays him!!

Probably sucks a real mean dick

Olma Solna? :mustafi:

Wenger said: "I want him [Walcott] to stay.

“I heard about that [the Southampton link] but personally I want him to stay.”

That is a bit ambiguous from Wenger.
He says he wants him to stay but doesn’t say he won’t be sold.

It’s interesting he says " personally I want him to stay."
It sounds as if the board want him gone but Wenger wants to keep him.
I can’t imagine why.
Surely a player earning more than 100k a week, while not even getting on the bench, shouldn’t bother our board.
We’ve got loads of money.

who? never heard of him, any good? What position does he play in, is he one for the future again? aaggghhhhhh soooooooo many questions :giroud3:

1 Like

I really doubt it. It seems to me much more a case of him saying if Theo asks to go then he’ll OK it.

1 Like

Hopefully Theo will push the issue. He surely can’t be happy out of the England set up

1 Like
2 Likes