January Transfer window thread

There is nothing wrong with aiming high. But realistically this is more West Ham’s level :poldi:

3 Likes

I’d possibly have him here for a couple of seasons as an upgrade on Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Ramsey, assuming at least one leaves.

Not sure about the money, individual transfer figures all seem increasingly irrelevant to me. Arsenal can afford at least one monster transfer per year now purely off the back of our TV and sponsorship money, let alone what we achieve with our on-field success and league/CL earnings. That includes doubling Sanchez’ wages using simple back of an envelope calculations. Our squad isn’t that big anyway and is getting increasingly lopsided anyway as we fall in line with the crazy idea of paying better players more money (:open_mouth:)

As an aside, West Ham is a club who we sell players to at the sunset of their careers, like Fredrik Ljungberg, Nigel Winterburn, Ian Wright etc. We shouldn’t really be buying players off them, because if they’re world class they shouldn’t ever be at West Ham

We have bargaining chips for English clubs. We can afford to loan/sell them the likes of Chamberlain, Ramsey, Iwobi, Jenks, Debuchy, Holding, Welbeck, Perez if we really needed to.

I feel like we missed our chance for Payet though. He was available forever and nobody cared until 9 months ago.

1 Like

Jese signing for Las Palmas!

That’s Draxler to PSG then.

2 Likes

WBA now in for him

1 Like
1 Like

Was kinda hoping he would have left. Far too good for them and I hate how they have the best GK in the league.

2 Likes

We aren’t signing anyone in the January window

1 Like

Except for City all big teams have great goalkeepers though. Moving to a better club would not have been that easy.

1 Like

Arsenal would have been relatively simple. Imo

1 Like

Official, as expected.

Expect another Elneny on a cheap at most. Wenger considers Welbeck, Cazorla and Mertesacker like new signings.

1 Like

Apart from De Gea who is better.

No way. De Gea makes too many mistakes, especially at his near post. Lloris is more consistent I think and I’d trust him more in terms of getting in the right position. De Gea is only 26 though, plenty of years ahead of him.

Good video on United’s £38m CB.

Looks like fair judgement. He is alright, for our NT he is exciting, our NT sucks so having anyone who is young and who starts for a big club that plays in the CL is ofc huge for us.

If United buy him they take a chance on his potential, they have a good tradition of coaching CBs so in theory it could be good for our NT but the fear is that he ends up on bench and then it is not very good for us.

Guessing today, beforehand, I would not rate him anywhere near £40m, maybe half of that, but 1) buying from Portugese clubs and 2) winter window = £££. I wouldn’t worry from a PL competition stand point right now, but we’ll see what they do with him.

1 Like

I see nothing on James Olleys timeline :thinking:

It’s his article.

Was just saying in MDC the other day that he’s looked good since he got his chance in the first team, wouldn’t mind this although there are better similar aged keepers around.