January Transfer window thread

Watch us trying to get Evans on a cheap now :rofl:

A 10 means nothing could be wrong with a window, so that would involve keeping all your stars and adding multiple additions IMO

Imagine nearly everyone raves on about madness this window and all we end up doing is losing a top 5 player in the league and bringing in Miki ? + minor exits of Theo and Coq :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If we get Mikhi + Auba and Evans I would consider it a good window, probably the best weā€™ve had in the last ten years or so, especially in January.

All three are top quality players, yes Evans isnā€™t glamorous but you donā€™t need your defenders to be, hes a winner and did well at United, plus he is currently team captain at WBA, which adds that leadership quality which we are missing at the back.

In my opinion, we really need a solid DM, none of our current midfielders are capable of defending properly. Xhaka gets a lot of flak but heā€™s not a DM heā€™s a creative midfielder with some average defensive capabilities. All three of Wilshire, Ramsey and Xhaka would shine partnered up with an actual defensive midfielder. Problem here is that means only one of them can play, so I canā€™t see that happening any time soon unless at least one is moved on or Ozil leaves and Jack gets pushed up.

Anyway happy with the window if all goes to plan, despite all the hatred here Wenger is still a world class manager, and with the right players we can win the EL and/or get top four. His only major weakness has been his transfer policy, hopefully the behind the scenes changes mean he can get back to coaching and focus on what matters which is on the pitch.

1 Like

Wenger still a world class manager ? :eyes:

Yeah man, I mean weā€™ve consistently qualified in the top four for like 20 years, 10 of which were done with a group of wank players that were mid table level at best. His major weakness has been in the transfer market.

Mourinho, Pep get all the plaudits but people forget that with the exception of his time in Portugal, Mourinho has bought his way to success, and Pep has inherited three top teams all of which have had nearly an unlimited transfer and wage budget.

1 Like

if not talking about the cause and effect, just purely look at this window and if we can get Auba, Miki and a CB, this is an absolute upgrade even we ship Sanchez out.

1 Like

I agree itā€™s an upgrade thatā€™s why I voted 7.

1 Like

Aussie man ffs what do you enjoy about football?

If you canā€™t get excited by transfers then whatā€™s the point?

I will get excited to a degree when they finally happen, what will excite me more though is when we appoint a capable manager should that day arise.

4 Likes
1 Like

When we sold RVP, who was our best player to Man U that was unacceptable.

When you sell your best player to Man U again but get a decent, if not world class, player in return, that makes it tolerable.

For that reason it is inconceivable to give it more than a six.

If we get Aubameyang itā€™ll go to seven, and if we get Aubameyang and a decent CB Iā€™ll give it an eight.
But one good window in so many underwhelming ones, doesnā€™t disguise the fact that Wenger is only being active because of so many dismal transfer windows previously, and the fact he has been put under pressure to do something.

If we get Aubermeyang and a CB, it will be a rare treat for most Arsenal supporters, but would be considered the norm for supporters of other top clubs, who wouldnā€™t be selling their best players to their rivals.

This window wasnā€™t planned, and isnā€™t a change in transfer policy by Wenger.
He is just panic buying, and selling players, he should have done ages ago.

1 Like

So Evans to us.

Make of this what you will:

Was it Mahrez at the Emirates or was it just a mouthy fan BSā€™ing?

1 Like

good signing for West Ham?

Massive flop at Inter, but still a good player not. Not sure how he works at West Ham but weā€™ll see.

More sloppy journalism anyway. Vecchi was a caretaker at Inter, never the manager.

2 Likes

Well, last time West Ham loaned a player from Serie A it went really wellā€¦ :smile:

Who was it? Bet itā€™s someone obvious :joy:

Zaza lol

Who coincidentally had a stellar first half of a season at Valencia.

1 Like

Yeah Zaza.

His dad said the weather was the reason he flopped at West Ham, lol

1 Like