January Transfer window thread

You didn’t put a MADNESS option Bl1nk :disappointed:

1 Like

Don’t you ever get bored of posting the same thing?! If we do pull off the aforementioned signings in January I reckon for once you should just be content, instead of complaining that we don’t do it more often, you could just be happy if we do it for once.

Take some joy where you can find it!

6 Likes

Calum liked your post and suddenly I realized Calum is bit happy these days.

1 Like

We haven’t done it yet.
Although we are on course to make a profit.

The problem is, the supporters are so used to seeing transfer windows that would suit a mid table club, that when a half decent one comes along they’re getting ready to organise a street parade.

We are supposedly a top European club, and one of the richest.
It’s about time we started acting like one, and have windows like this more regularly and,without losing our best player.

1 Like

I said “if” in my post twice. Plus your post was talking about the signings in the same way I was, assuming we get them done.

Again, in this same post you’re repeating yourself. We all know what we should be doing, I just don’t think it needs saying so often!

2 Likes

9 for me, as we are just missing a proper midfielder.

I tell you what I’m bored of, seeing the same shortcomings season after season for a decade.

2 Likes

We all are, that’s no excuse for being so highly repetitious

It would be a 7 for me, losing Sanchez obviously brings it down but Mhiki and Aub are excellent additions, Evans is not exactly exciting even though we need a centre back

WEST BROM AGREE GABR LOAN

West Brom have reached agreement with Egyptian side Zamalek to take defender Ali Gabr to the Hawthorns, SSN understands.

The deal is for an initial loan until the end of the season, but includes an option for the Baggies to buy him for £1.5m.

Evans replacement?

2 Likes

Say what you want about Evans, but he knows how to win a title, as he won 3 leagues with Manure. He would bring some winning mentality.

Mikel Silvestre, Danny Welbeck and Cech have won titles

7 Likes

Bloody hell, Cech has fallen down in our estimations if he’s being grouped with Silvestre and Welbeck.

Evans would be a good addition to the squad but not at the prices quoted. Something sub £20m would be acceptable but £30m is hard to justify given his age.

Don’t think he’s being grouped with them ability or stature wise, but merely for the purposes of highlighting that experience of having won the league doesn’t seem to have much tangible benefit.

Think it’s a bit silly to speak of Evans having that trait anyway, he wasn’t key to those title successes so even if we put stock in having won the league, it means even less in his case.

1 Like

Be a ten for me especially for a January window. Three key positions covered as well. A top class striker and very good midfielder with a steady prem defender would be great stuff.

1 Like

Continuing to be the developmental club of the Manc clubs is automatic -2 for me. So I gave an 8.

7 right now. At least we are active and making things happen in January.
If getting Auba successfully I will give an 8 or 8.5.
If having Ozil sign the extension in the next few days, it is a 10.

1 Like

Yep. Can’t ignore that part of it either myself.

1 Like

Agreed. Cant be a 10 when you’ve lost one of your stars during the window.

1 Like

Auba + Miki is better than Sanchez.

So, if we get both, that means we upgrade ourselves, why not it could be a 10, even shipping Sanchez to United?

I hate seeing our stars leaving for our rival, to United… but if the end result is benefitting us, we should be happy.