Granit Xhaka

Being a footballer is literally the best job ever

1 Like

If a shot touches two opposition players before going in, it isnā€™t a screamer.

Apparently merely questioning someoneā€™s opinion is ā€œmaking a meal out of nothingā€.

I canā€™t understand why people are being so precious about me questioning someoneā€™s assessment of a goal. I repeat, this is how forums work. As if you have never questioned someone elseā€™s opinion Trion.

1 Like

I actually agree that getting a heavy deflection doesnā€™t make a goal wonderful.
But itā€™s just one word. Easy to move on from.

I donā€™t regret anything but the mini Taylor Swift argument with Brady.

1 Like

a strike from 35 yards that the keeper canā€™t stop even though he got his hand to it is a screamer regardless of whether it took a slight knick off a defender on the way in

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FsNOMG0Sev4

If your telling me thatā€™s not a screamer then your just being a dick for the sake of it,

1 Like

Lol ok keep telling yourself that. Some people are so blinded by their club loyalty. Youā€™d never describe that goal as a screamer if Eriksen or Rooney scored it and you know it lol.

So because I donā€™t agree Iā€™m being a dick. Ok. I just donā€™t think that a shot that takes a significant deflection that the keeper should still save is not a screamer. Thatā€™s not a controversial view.

BTW Itā€™s youā€™re* and you are meant to end sentences with full stops, not commas.

Thatā€™s me being a dick for the sake of it.

Anyway. I really hope he starts this weekend, partly because Iā€™m so bloody excited to see him play more, but also because it would surely be good for the team. He looks class. I like that he clearly gives zero fucks about expected goals, heā€™ll happily have a punt or two from thirty yards. Sometimes itā€™ll fly into the top corner, sometimes it might take a deflection and go in, sometimes itā€™ll come to nothing. I know itā€™s not particularly in vogue and some of our more cerebral members might look down on my attitude, but I like it when our players occasionally just put their fucking foot through it.

I also want to see him displaying that range of passing against Chelsea, playing it in behind the slow and barely functional legs of Ivanovic, Cahill and/or Terry.

1 Like

This discussion :joy: The Lucas thread is envious.

5 Likes

SRCJJ: I found the goal itself to be wonderful. Not flawless, but wonderful all the same. Because we rarely, if ever score from outside the box, and because it came out of absolutely nothing. Which again, is rare at Arsenal. Furthermore, I wasnā€™t really asked to explain, just told I was wrong.

Arguing semantics with regards to football is so trivial imo.

Jake, I have no problem with you disagreeing with my assessment or presenting evidence to suggest otherwise, but I donā€™t think you are behaving appropriately here. Iā€™d rather you PM me if you are going to get pissy.

3 Likes

Even those of us who accept the value of considering things like xG and shot probabilities can also accept that occasionally itā€™s the right ā€˜playā€™ to take a long shot. Especially if you have a left foot like Granitā€™s. Thereā€™s absolutely nothing wrong with an occasional long shot, as long as there isnā€™t a better probability play on. With both the shots heā€™s taken from distance there hasnā€™t really been one, and of course it helps that he struck them both cleanly. :smiley: Iā€™m sure Wenger is of the same mind. The idea that Wenger fines players for taking an occasional long shot is ludicrous, his opinion and encouragement on long shots is just the right one, itā€™s probably the one thing about him I can say confidently he gets right as a manager.

1 Like

So because we rarely score goals from outside the box and because it came out of nothing it was a wonderful goal? Sounds to me like you enjoyed the circumstances around the goal a lot more than the goal itself.

You are wrong because you used the word wonderful to describe a goal that took a deflection and the keepers hand not being strong enough to hit the back of the net.

You may have enjoyed it enough to express your opinion but you canā€™t not expect people to challenge what youā€™ve said.

Yes, I thought it was wonderful that we scored a goal from 35 yards out, out of nothing. I defined it as a wonderful goal. :slight_smile:

Also, challenging something isnā€™t the same as denying an opinion and going onto attacking their character. But hey ho.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a screamer.

1 Like

Fuck sakeā€¦ I thought the Perez thread was stupid, but this :joy_cat:

3 Likes

Yeah yeah yeah 35 yard strike out of nothing whatever mate, we all know itā€™s coz your a wenger lover nothing to do with our new signing scoring twice in 2 games in spectacular fashion

1 Like

Your pro-Wenger rhetoric is boring beyond all imaginable belief. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen you direct even the slightest bit of criticism in his direction.

How youā€™ve managed to link people questioning the true quality of Xhakaā€™s deflected and then palmed goal to the whole pro and anti Wenger stuff is beyond me.

Xhaka hit a screamer against Hull City. Against Forest, he hit what looked like a sweet shot that the keeper had cocered, only for it to take a deflection and then beat an out of position keeper whoā€™s hand wasnā€™t strong enough. Not a screamer. Not a wonderful goal. A sold hit with a lot of luck.

I was mocking whoever it was that said Oliver was blinded by his love of wenger into thinking the goal was wonderful, I think it was jakey

Why is it nothing can be commented on without being a pro wenger or anti Wenger debate.

2 Likes

If your positive about anything itā€™s because your blinded by your love of wenger obviously

4 Likes

I was thinking to the tune of Frare Jacquesā€¦

Granit Xhaka, Granit Xhaka,
LET HIM SHOOT! LET HIM SHOOT!
Ramseyā€™s had a nightmareā€¦
Granitā€™s on the bench stillā€¦
WHAT THE FUCK?! WHAT THE FUCK?!

7 Likes

Wenger not winning anything for years - argue about it

Xhaka scoring 30 yarders - argue about it

OA ladies and gentlemen.

4 Likes

So you are now the authority who will prescribe people on how they need to enjoy a goal and how they should classify it. Well done.

1 Like