(Spoilers) House of the Dragon/Game of Thrones

Watching fresh GoT in HD > Memeless for 3 days

1 Like

don’t fucking do it. there aren’t enough episodes to compromise quality

Two of my good mates have cottoned on to how much I hate spoilers and intentionally try to ruin things (especially Game of Thrones) from time to time. If they cotton on that an episode is leaked I’m done for.

After the show airs on Sunday night I stay off social media, mute both of them and our group chat on WhatsApp, and ignore literally every text I receive in case it’s from them until I watch the episode on Monday night after work and dinner.

I don’t know if I can keep that act up all weekend and Monday.

4 Likes

You should ask yourself if those are really good mates of yours.

ah mate. What a nightmare. Not worth the risk then i guess. :pensive:

Luckily my mates arent smart enough to stream anything! :smile: a well made tactical decision

This. Give the show the rspect it deserves. Pure 1080p for me or nothing.

2 Likes

They just have a particularly immature sense of humour when it comes to winding each other and me up. I do too, to less of an extent, but I wouldn’t stoop that low. I basically showed a weakness and they’ve pounced on it. Shouldn’t have let on how much it bothered me lol. I don’t think it’s weird for blokes to behave that way with each other, this is jut an exaggerated version of that friendship dynamic.

It’s cunty behaviour but if you’ve got good friends you’ve had for almost twenty years the foundations of the friendship are too strong to be ruined by something trivial like spoilers.

I do really want to wait for the HD version to come out but I can’t work out what matters more to me, having an unspoiled plot or an unspoiled visual experience.

Had it spoiled. Fuck you internet. Fuck you right in the face.

Fortunately I find it very easy to avoid spoilers. I rarely use social media, so I have to actively seek them out.

1 Like

Avoiding social media like the plague.

.#MugabeMediaLockdown

You’ll want to watch this in HD.

1 Like

Can’t wait till tomorrow!

Bytheby, there’s a channel on yt that explains the episodes briefly but with great detail. It has plenty of other little side episodes that go into depth on a lot of things that some tv viewers might not be privy to. Worth a look:

5 Likes

I’ve watched quite a few of his videos, they’re pretty good. Imagine knowing GoT and ASOIAF that well though lol

@Craigie is right, that episode was one for HD, hold out if all you have to do is avoided social media.

I caved in the end cos one of my mates called and I hesitated before picking up in fear of spoilers. I’m not sad I did though, I’ll just watch it again tomorrow night in HD lol

Is it only that crappy copy with the time counting down on the screen, which is available? I can’t watch it like that, I’d rather wait.

Yeah afraid it is.

1 Like

Usually the first torrents are online around 0300/0400 CET. A little bid longer.

I recommend this channel/breakdowns too, lots of interesting stuff not only about the story but a lot of film details and “tactics”:

1 Like

The only question I have for Game of Thrones fashion is why is no one is dressed for winter, when they are in the middle of the worst winter of Westerosi living memory:)

1 Like

Unless you’re particularly worried about being spoilered it makes sense to just wait, no question.

That was certainly worth waiting for in HD. Holy crap.

2 Likes