Food Thread

Dinner out tonight

4 Likes

Mad hungry today, so going to go for a Sunday roast, carrots, broccoli, potatoes(made with my left over biltong fatty bites), York pud and a Gammon steak which I’ve had sitting in honey for the last 3 hours all topped off with some onion gravy.

Went for Shepard’s pie today, put a couple of scotch bonnet’s in there for that for extra :fire:.

7 Likes

Tikki chaat with vegan garlic naan :santi: eating my feelings

2 Likes

How can you be vegan? Vegetarian is bad enough, but vegan?! How do you ever have any good food?

1 Like

There’s plenty of good food you can cook swapping in coconut milk or cream. It’s definitely not for everyone, but I never really liked red meat or chicken, I never ate pig growing up and wasn’t a huge cheese fan. I hurt my achilles and was basically willing to do anything to get back to running and swimming. I read that sometimes veganism helps with tendonitis. Obviously that makes zero sense and sounds like total bullshit, but after I started eating vegan the tendinitis cleared up. Is it entirely in my head? Of course it is. There’s no rational explanation for it other than timing that I’m attributing to my tendonitis going away. But to paraphrase Professor Dumbledore, even if it’s in my head it’s still real.

So there’s that and I’m such a wiener I feel guilty about killing bugs so industrialized meat processing made kind of sad. But it’s definitely not for everyone.

2 Likes

Yeah, to be fair I do actually know there is a lot of choice. There’s a nice vegetarian restaurant in Soho, London, near where I used to work called Mildreds (if you’re ever allowed in town, lol). I used to go there quite a lot as my friend was a vegan, and they had quite a lot of choice for her. I usually had vegetarian options rather than vegan, but there was still quite a lot on the menu for her. I guess it depends how creative you are in the kitchen as well.

I don’t think I could do it though. I could perhaps give vegetarianism a go for a while. But I could never go fully vegan, I love cheese too much :smile:

Also, for the Bellerin haters:

1 Like

Don’t leave out this part ;).

1 Like

Do you like haloumi cheese? It’s probably the only thing I miss. Grill that with mint, it’s so good!

@SDGooner it actually drives my wife nuts when I tell people I’m vegan. She always tells them “Joshua isn’t even doing it for a good reason. He just wants to be able to run more and thinks it helps!” :ozil:

3 Likes

I like any cheese. Even the plastic stuff that probably isn’t even cheese. I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

Yeah absolutely my mother in law is vegan and so if my wife. I have had so many meals with almond milk, coconut milk and other meat alternatives and you honestly can’t taste the difference.

My wife replaces all dairy stuff with almond milk, and I really can’t notice when she does. Especially when she makes pancakes or mash or anything else like that.

Qourn mince is very very good, and actually does a very good job replicating the texture and taste of actual beef mince. I’ve had it Shepard’s pie, tacos, kebabs and even as a burger Pattie. Tastes nearly identical to the real thing.

Honestly you could legit replace most meals and if you really wanted to with the excellent of meat only dishes like steak, Salmon and maybe gefilte fish.

TBF your best bet is to just not eat gefilte fish. Not a fan. Cold fish meatloaf. Yikes.

1 Like

:joy: Sorry I just had to throw it in but to be fair I don’t think it’s bad when made with carp. As carp doesn’t really have that fishy smell taste. Personally not a big fan of sea food at all though. But yeah dishes like that, steak Tar tar are probably hardest to replicate.

But yeah like you said more than enough options, it’s crazy that even all the major fast food joints now have some type of meat alternative.

1 Like

You sure you’re not the reincarnation of my great grandmother? Apparently she used to have live carp swimming in the tub for the freshest possible gefilte fish.

1 Like

@Electrifying @Jules @Midfield_Maestro @Phoebica

Are you guys even ready for this kind of sauce?

Do you guys even food bro?

5 Likes

Erm what is that?

1 Like

Looks like ham and pineapple :anguished::anguished:

1 Like

You’ve just ruined my Sunday

2 Likes

Something you pineapple fascists will never get to experience.

3 Likes

I’m not a pineapple fascist. I love pineapple, but on its own or in a cocktail. Not mixed with ham and tomato on a pizza, or whatever the heck you’ve made there.

1 Like