Food Thread

Food Cuisines, food experiences, recipes, chefs and programmes etc…

I had my dinner last night at an Italian restaurant in Cairo, called Il Mulino. I had pasta, Fettuccine Salmon & Spinach in creamy lemon sauce :giroud2: … I love Italian Cuisine!

1 Like

Curries! Made a fuck-off-hot vindaloo tonight! Yum :yum:

2 Likes

You should try the real pesto in Genua. Just amazing!

1 Like

Yeah, hopefully one day. I had tried this pesto, it’s Italian. But of course a home made pesto in an authentic restaurant should be heaven.

1 Like

I work as a chef on an off shore oil rig on the Norwegian shelf. Used to work in michelin starred places in London and did a bit of freelance work in Sydney and New York. Best time of my life!

I was traveliing Vietnam, a couple of years ago with the missus and we had grown sick of the rice and noodles everyday so one day for a change we ate out at an Indian restaurant. I love my spice and normally eat a Madras curry all day long so thought I’d try a vindaloo…Big mistake, I thought I was going to die. Generally though the food in Vietnam weas fantastic and is one of my favourite cuisine types.

Ate in Noma in Copenhagen last year that was quite an experience, very good food.

I love all the old school British/Anglo French chefs though, Marci Pierre White, Keith Floyd, Michelle Roux Jr.

Living here in Bergen is quite cool aswell, the seafood is some of the best I’ve eaten and we catch and forage a lot of stuff ourselves. Wild herbs, berries, Garlic, scallops, sea urchin, mackerel, crab, lobster and mushrooms.

4 Likes

Saclà is good. I always bought it when i was living and working in London.

1 Like

best crisps ever :heart_eyes:

Felt like this was the only place I could truly talk about this glorious dish in. @Midfield_Maestro @Electrifying

Both were mine btw. But which one do you think I took to the cleaners first :tongue::tongue::tongue:

P.S. a near 4 year bump - let’s see if anyone can beat that

P.S. Part 2 - the way they make it in Turkey is infinitely nicer than the one I’ve had in Greece.

6 Likes

Oh yes!

I’m gonna say the kunefe haha…the oreos look damn good too.

And definitely Turks smash the Greeks when it comes to food (and most things tbh)…

1 Like

I can now confirm near enough four years later thanks @SRCJJ they aren’t the best crisps ever.

2 Likes

Obviously. For starters, they aren’t crisps.

What are they then? haha

Tortilla chips.

And this isn’t a chip = crisp scenario.

1 Like

You sound like you’ve had a really interesting career.

Have you ever worked in yachting?

Cyprus is proof of that :scream:

Not sure wether to have a traditional roast today or go with rice and chicken for the game today?

1 Like

Has to be rice and chicken. Roast is impossible to eat while on the couch with the game on!

1 Like

Yeah went for that as well. Cut up a whole chicken, removed all the hairs, cleaned it, washed it, now it’s marinating. Just getting the rice, onion and kidney beans ready with my chicken broth. Haven’t eaten all day so looking forward to this. Will update when I’m finished

1 Like

I have a roast dinner every Sunday. If I could, I’d make it illegal to have anything else for dinner on a Sunday.

1 Like

Yeah me to, but usually the missus makes our roast dinners, and she wasn’t feeling it today. I’m unable to recreate her roast potatoes made in goose fat. So ended up with the rice chicken.

Still gassed for the food and the game, didn’t have no Plantan so made some sweet potato instead to go with it and a side of Mac and cheese.

Edit:

Finally. Couldn’t be arsed to make the coleslaw but just ordered some from my local Waitrose.

9 Likes