Arsène Wenger

You mean no one believes the massive clickbaity title which he didn’t actually say? He’s basically said ‘we’ll listen to offers for players and if anyone is offered to us we might take it’. Do you not believe that?

The Mail needs banning as a source tbh.

2 Likes

No one believes him anymore.

I remember him saying “we are going to be very busy in the transfer window” the season we sold Cesc and Nasri.
Although we were busy, selling our best players wasn’t exactly what the supporters wanted.

2 Likes

He probably meant we would sell some deadwoods. No player coming in.

1 Like

That’s the problem. He isn’t pragmatic, he only believes in his values.

3 Likes

He talks about values and commitment, but when those values are to the detriment of the club, all he is doing is dragging us down.
He isn’t doing what is best for the supporters or the club, he is doing what is best for him, which is just being stubborn and having selfish attitude.

He also goes on about making sacrifices but no one has forced him to stay here and earn 8m a season.
He chose to.

What is he trying to prove?

4 Likes

Frankly, the way to think about the league is a six team cohort, split roughly into two groups, those that spend with the biggest spenders in the world and the “rich” tier. No one else really comes close over a large enough sample size. The problem is that AW never punches above his weight any more… like literally NEVER.

And now we aren’t even clearly top of that second tier, despite having substantial advantages. I really could see us slip to sixth this year… it will be very close, but I just dont see what there is to get optimistic about. Spurs are getting back on track, have the best striker in the league, and Pool just addressed their biggest weakness (GA), by buying the most expensive defender ever. If they bench Miggy, they can finish above us.

9 Likes

Well, it’s not like Liverpool reserve keeper is better :smile:.

2 Likes

Thanks Luca! I needed that silver lining!

Regarding the goalie, we also need to replace Cech and probably Ospina in the summer. The former is too old by now, while the latter wants to play more game.

1 Like

Side note: AW is about to eclipse Fergie for managing most prem games!

I love records that erase football pre 1992.

Sky Sports focusing on this “record” as if Fergie’s matches before that don’t matter.

2 Likes

Who says they don’t?

The premier league is an entirely different competition from the old leagues. So why wouldn’t they just say PL games lol

A bit like Sky Sports saying that Man City winning the PL title on the last game of the season, is the greatest ever league win.

1 Like

Was just about to say that myself! We all know which one was the greatest, there’s no competition at all.

Well it is, because football only started in 1992, remember

2 Likes

FFS that is lame… I agree with you. Incidentally how many did he get in the top league in England before the prem?

Thought this was interesting in the mirror today

https://s10.postimg.org/5ee85042x/20171228_135004.png

3 Likes

It’s over 1,000 league games altogether, I remember because he had his 1,000th during his final season.

Please don’t let Wenger beat that one :pray:

3 Likes

No it’s not. Nothing more than a rebranding.

3 Likes