Arsène Wenger

I mean it literally gets asked every single pre and post conference. How is it the selfish old man stringing the club along when it’s clear the club are also involved in this as well?

It’s so strange that at any club in the world where a manager is under pressure fans and media turn to the owners to the board to the CEO for reassurances or whatever. theres been fuck all heard from them. Nobody really knows what is going on because the fucks who make the decision haven’t said anything. Yet people use this to still beat Wenger with

3 Likes

If wenger didnt keep answering “i know what im doing” with that fucking all knowing smirk i doubt theyd keep asking…

Cool but what Wenger wants is irrelevant if he’s at loggerheads with Gazidis.

Being CEO of Arsenal must be the easiest thing in the world. Underperform your rivals, never speak to the media and let the manager answer all the tough questions which should be coming or way. People don’t even give a second thought to you despite clearly being in the thick of everything.

2 Likes

Most clubs let their manager do all the talking…Look at the mancs…

Underperform your rivals runs right through the club at present.

Wenger has made this situation himself.
He is the person who announced “I will let you know very soon,” when he was talking about his contract extension.

He should just keep his mouth shut and say that he isn’t going to say anything until the end of the season.

Either he doesn’t understand how the media works or he is lying and he doesn’t know what his decision is.

1 Like

I’m sorry but the fans and media would still be in an utter frenzy if Wenger says he’s not saying anything till the end of the season. Rabid impatient fans who have to know everything right now.

7weeks of the season left. You can all wait (and will).

1 Like

It’s those impatient fans that pay his 8m a season wages.
They have every right to be impatient, especially after him criticising them.

Wenger must have told Sanchez that he would buy Vidal in the summer

Indeed they do, Db10, but impatient or not it is what it is. I don’t like that sort of summation but it’s so applicable in this instance, so we might as well sit back and watch the show. Anything said or done thus far by the great unwashed has had zero effect on anything, and it’s likely to continue thus. Que sera sera.

Even Big Sam is talking sense

Taken from prematch conference.

Asked if Wenger should be making his plans for next season known, Allardyce said: “Not really, that’s a conversation that the club has, not Arsene himself. The whole club decides if you’re going to make an announcement or not, not just the manager.”

5 Likes

then he shouldnt have left a titbit for people to grab onto… clickbaitwenger.

Hence why I came into this thread and said I would tell all journalists to fuck off with this question until the end of the season. Because any response to these questions other than him announcing he’s leaving equals toxic fans.

I think he’s made it pretty clear in the last few weeks that it’s not his place to make this announcement, whatever it may be. It’s not just his decision that matters.

I’m assuming now it’ll be something other than him simply staying for 2 years. Maybe something unexpected to appease the fans, maybe the admission that these will definitely be his final 2 years before retirement. It’s become clear it’s not getting announced so I don’t really get the fuss now.

The easy answer from Wenger would be, “We are trying to secure top 4 and we are in the semis of the FA cup. My priority now is finishing the season as best as we can. After that I will worry about my contract situation.” I agree it is stupid that he’s saying he knows what he will do but won’t share it.

5 Likes

ha!!! true

And that’s the guy’s M.O. We all have our own way of doing things. None is worth twisting knickers over.

This is a brilliant story from Ray Parlour. :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Romford Pele always tells a good story. Must have a million of them with Arsene and the boys.

:thinking:

Anytime he’s on A Bergkamp Wonderland there’s at least one thing Geoff says that makes me think “what a load of shite”.

2 Likes