Arsène Wenger

Just theorizing but the club might want to announce his replacement along with his statement of departure. Like City did with Pellegrini and Guardiola.

Ok, it’s Metro, but Allegri would have a complete control at Arsenal and a better wage.

I know people have been burned before claiming us not getting qualified for top four in past seasons, I thought we would qualify at least always for that, but this season it does seem like a genuine possibility. Five point gap with Liverpool (with one game in hand) and Arsenal still needs to play City, United, Stoke (away), Tottenham and Everton…

1 Like

2 games in hand.

1 Like

If we miss out on Allegri because Wenger wants to selfishly stay, that’s just fucked up. Long term that’s more detrimental.

4 Likes

Because he’s been asked about his decision for the last 20 (+/- random number) weeks and he’s said before that he was going to announce his decision in March/April. The uncertainty doesn’t seem to be doing anyone a favor and he might as well announce it then.

1 Like

Allegri never controlled anything. He worked with a squad of DoF, CEO, head of scouting.

If Arsenal will replace Wenger with Allegri without helping him with two great football figures, will be a fail.

Funnily enough the arseblogger did a poll in twitter asking the same thing, and got 65% go and 35% stay. I’d imagine he got a lot more votes than 29 too lol

I think you think every manager is going to fail. With or without the signing of a director of football etc.

Yes, because to be a trainer is a role and to be a manager is another role.

Juventus (like AC Milan) have a structure behind Allegri. He is only the trainer, has the role to train the players, not to discuss their contracts, to sign players during the transfer window, to send scouts to watch a game. Allegri asks players for a role, but 90/100 he doesn’t know the players which will sign.

Arsène Wenger is our trainer, our team manager, our director of football, our head of scouting. If Arsenal will replace him with three or four football figures (or with another manager), we will return to be a big club. If Arsenal think to replace Wenger only with Max Allegri, the destiny will be a ? much more than now.

Down to 6th since september. Wenger should resign just for this.

:xhaka:

Football structure behind Max Allegri:

http://www.spazioj.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/large_150601-120835_To010615Spo_008-730x400.jpg

I wasn’t just talking about Allegri. I feel like you’re going to shoot off every possible successor for Wenger for any possible reason you can find.

I’m not completely convinced of Allegri either and feel like his stature is being pushed to unnessacery heights (on social media etc).

My mind is open, not closed like many WOB.

I want the best for Arsenal, not a simple solution born on the social media.

When it comes to Wenger it seems like your mind is quite the opposite.

3 Likes

I can say the same for the opposite side.

The simple solution is that he must leave. Something you have acknowledged yourself many times but seem to have a knack for backtracking on when it suits you.

2 Likes

Just because they reached the conclusion Wenger needs to go? Because I think if we can take anything from all of this mess it’s that. Just look at the football, results, lacklustre perfomances etc etc etc

he’s The King of contradiction.

I feel as regards Wenger it will be sad to see him go THIS WAY, because in a way he doesnt deserve it but who knows maybe even the players are fed up with the same old same old. They are not stupid (as much as i feel some of them are) i am sure they are thinking to themselves especially the ones that are here for ages why do we never have tactics training why do we never analyse an opponent to adapt why do we never really and truly change ANYTHING, it must be mundane as fuck coming into training every day for years and doing the exact same things pretty much so maybe even the players are thinking to themselves when they hear him say ‘i am thinking about another contract’ FUCK THAT i cannot do another few years of this i thought he would be leaving now it looks like he is never going to leave if we keep on achieving enough to keep him here. It is obvious they are not playing for him anymore.

1 Like