Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (PL)

Damn right I post it whenever it feels even vaguely relevant. To be fair I haven’t blessed the new site with its glory until own :grin:

Not quite work experience, was a temporary position at an ad agency. I only make the instinctive because I was getting paid to do an actual job haha

In the 80’s there were no cheap flights anywhere and so travelling to most european games meant the train ,you could get more or less anywhere on the system by buying a 1 week euro pass.
So it was down to Dover and on the ferry to either Calais or Zeebrugge for the travelling fan.
Turin required a change at Paris and an overnight train ,for Germany you got to Brussels then changed . I did Panithanikos on a cheap package trip and likewise to Hadjuk Split which was then part of Yugoslavia . The interesting ones where the Iron Curtain trips ,Magdeburg and Locomotive Leipzig ,you went by coach on official trips as they wouldnt let you in otherwise . Spent Hours and hours at the border whilst they took the coach apart on the way home .

14 Likes

I love your stories, they’re so great to read

4 Likes

Reminds me of len. :cry:

Yeah same :cry:

I’m sorry but can fans of Arsenal please spell Santi Cazorla’s name correctly. I can just about deal with my stupid friends’ pronunciation in real life, but when you are literally reading what you’re typing ‘Carzola’ is actually criminal.

1 Like

Spelling nazis can just feck right off !:blush:

1 Like

Haha - a near enough club legend and you can’t spell his name correctly?

1 Like

In the grand scheme of things does it matter ,seriously does it ? Nope not a jot !

1 Like

Asia is only 5:30 hours ahead, so even if you have a match scheduled at 7, we can watch it by 11:30pm.(on non daylight saving months)

Noon games are actually inconvenient for us as we are mostly out that time, playing, travelling or whatever.

I thought China is actually GMT +8. Japan and Korea even +9.

Just checked. Wow
Thought since China is just above India, they would share similar timelines.
I completely forgot they are as big as US and Beijing is on other side.

1 Like

So many geographical realisations on this thread.

Theo/Santi/Monreal all doubtful for the game :santi:

As expected. Wenger wants to keep Poch guessing.

cazorla, cazola, carzola one of those guys are the hardest to miss because it means we might lack creativity but as unpopular as it might sound I’d throw Ramsey right in the middle and xhaka on the right with a brief to release Bellerin.
No such nonesense on the other side we need to cover Gibbs or he will get skinned so I would drop Awobi and stick in Elneny !
A brusing encounter awaits us ,last season they ran out of steam which wiill be good to sub in awobi and ox on the 70 min mark !

Who would you say is the most important one of those three to have back for Sunday?

Aldeweireld is the key miss if there were to be one.

Kane is decent of course, but but in Aldeweireld they have the only defender in the league up there with Koscielny (and quite possibly soon Mustafi).

Also you have Eriksen who is out of form at the moment.

Anyone in need of a laugh. http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/woolwich-away.19661/

You are more than welcome. :smile:

1 Like

Weren’t they supposed to be back? :bellerin: