Arsenal Vs Swansea City (Premier League)

Just thinking about this now but had we played a little bit tighter of a game we would have won by 3 goals or so, and be sitting top. Still the major victory was passing spurs today.

We are sensational to watch. Where are all the panicked doomsdayers now?

Sitting second on equal points with 1 goal as the goal difference.

Ozil is stepping up his influence. Classy volley.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œArsenal, post:62, topic:782, full:trueā€]
We are sensational to watch. Where are all the panicked doomsdayers now?

Sitting second on equal points with 1 goal as the goal difference.

[/quote]You might want to hold your horses there, weā€™re only 8 games in. Weā€™ve had plenty of false dawns over the years. Plenty of time for us to fuck up somewhere down the line. Thatā€™s going to the point where this team will show if they have what it takes to get success, or if itā€™ll end up in the same old fashion of collapsing and not recovering. We ainā€™t seen nothing yet.

1 Like

Ive watched us for so many years and we always make live difficult for ourselves but unlike recent years we won when we could have screwed up. Im happy hope your happy too.

1 Like

Not saying weā€™re going to win, but Iā€™ll enjoy the moment rather than shake us down. If you donā€™t enjoy these moments in football, there is no point watching.

2 Likes

Pretty average performance but 3 points is 3 points.

Great to finally shake off the hoodoo that comes with having a bogey team like Swansea, they were lucky really that we didnā€™t blow them right out of the game. Another three points, six PL wins in a row, the team is in high spirits, scoring and threatening in almost every game (19 in 8 league games), Alexis up front proving to be a winning formula at present and itā€™s becoming a pleasure to finally watch this Arsenal side again. The home games proving this with better atmosphere too.

Since the Chelsea game, we had the benefit of a ā€˜good runā€™ ahead of us, playing against the likes of Burnley, Swansea and yielding six points from both fixtures. Now with Middlesbrough and Sunderland in the near distance, you feel like we should be gaining another six points before a further two tough, tough fixtures in spurs and United.

Iā€™d absolutely love it if we were the ones to end spursā€™ unbeaten run (if indeed they keep it intact until then) and because they are a bunch of cunts and itā€™s always nice beating the Mancs, especially when they have a megladon of a cunt in Mourinho at the helm. Big tests none the less, ones I hope we ride into with our brilliant form weā€™ve been in.

Anyway, great to have proper football back after the interlull. Weekend sorted :iwobi:

Well yeah we have to win these games since weā€™re probably going to drop four or five points against Spurs and United begin November,

:arteta:

I have a premature and unpleasant prediction to make but I will make it anyway and let all the haters have a go at me. Our next game is at home with Boro. Anything can happen in football but our momentum and the difference in class will probably see us win this one. Then we go away at Sunderland, a place where we usually always get a result (yeah I know we drew 0-0 last season three) and Sunderland are pretty terrible right now and history shows that they will eventually raise their game but it will probably happen towards the latter stages of the season so I expect to win there no problem. Thatā€™s 8 wins on the trot. Such winning streaks are a rarity and they can hardly last for too long, usually when gets to more than 5 in a row, you can expect it to end anytime soon. And then we host Spursā€¦ It almost never happens butā€¦ could it be these fuckers will beat us on our ground?

End because thunder does strike twice, and because when it rains it pours, etc, etc, then we go to Old Trafford and we all know what happens in Old Trafford.

United probably, but we ae at home against Spurs. We have to beat them :ozil2: