Arsenal Vs Swansea City (Premier League)

MDC opened!

http://mdc.onlinearsenal.com/

Don’t need a striker. They have an Icelandic player up front and they are all world class.

27/06/2016

1 Like

I remember well that date :wilshere::santi2:

1 Like

Where the hell is everyone? :gunnersaurus:

cannot log into MDC it says I’m already logged in???

well that was a poor performance should have wrapped that game up in the first half

Don’t think so. We just had two bad moments. We were always in control.

Fucking hell…

2 Likes

One goal off top spot with a decent run of fixtures. :slight_smile: All is good in Arsenal world right now

3 Likes

Not sure how to feel about this side tbh I’m still waiting for the moment where we announce ourselves as the real deal this season. Still so many frailties

3 Likes

Missed the whole match because the Baltimore half marathon was today. Was the red card legit?

Terrible defending from both sides today. That sums this game pretty much up imo. We saw more of the ball, but we do that 9 out of 10 games.

2 Likes

Look forward to seeing the highlights tonight. It’s a scrappy result in the end, but we got three more important points, on a day where our nearest rivals dropped points again. Another season, we’d have probably thrown it away and ended up with a draw. So another big result.

Our goal scoring is looking impressive so far. 19 goals in 8 matches is a great ratio. Some silly errors at the back though still need to be ironed out. But overall, it’s good to see us looking a bit more of an attacking threat again this season.

No wins in the first two games, now 6 wins on the bounce, let’s keep the run going :+1:

3 Likes

Yes and no. Xhaka was miles behind him, went to ground and caught the back of his leg. However it was more of a trip than an ankle breaker. Probably could have been a yellow, but Xhaka didn’t do himself any favors. A simple shirt pull would have been effective from keeping him from breaking away.

2 Likes

At first glance it seemed like he lashed out to connect with Barrow’s leg, making it impossible for him to continue his stride… incredibly cynical and ZERO intent to get ball… I honestly have no problem if that is a red; however, it is a bit inconsistent with what we have seen with similar impeding plays. I suppose what made it worse was Barrow’s fall and “injury.”

Xhaka had a bad game and nearly cost us, but we got the 3 points.

2 Likes

So many of us Gooners are pessimistic buggers. “This’ll end 3-3 now you watch” etc.

:arteta:

Luckily it didn’t and we’re sitting (relatively) pretty in 2nd on GD. Also good to break this bogey team run they’ve had on us for a while. :slight_smile: 3 points. Up The Arsenal!

3 Likes

On the flip side if you are a scum or city supporter you’ve got to be thinking jammy Arsenal win after going down to 10 men :sunglasses:

1 Like

Since the start of the game, I understood how the squad was down mentally and physically. Re-watching the game, I can save the performance of Cech, Bellerìn, Cazorla, Iwobi and Theo plus Ozil and Alexis for the third goal. For the rest, Monreal has been fired by Barrow, Iwobi didn’t helped him well, Xhaka has been horrible despite the goal and the red card, not good performance neither for Kostafi.

The three changes have been important. Coquelin helped on midfield, Gibbs has been important on the left and the impact on the game for Oxlade has been truly good.

If I think about the CL game and the next PL game against Boro, I would like to watch Lucas Perez, Gibbs for Monreal, Coquelin instead of Xhaka.

1 Like

At least weve become attractive to watch again going forward again.
Also getting a few different scorers on the sheets positve too.
Still refuse to be over optimistic about a title challenge but if were to improve well 2nd in the table right nows a decent position.
Monreal looks a liability right now and lack of cover is making it worse.

1 Like

Nice to see Wenger getting the subs bang on and the setup still seems to be efficient.

Only one goal difference separates us from Guardiola and his team of elites.

It may have been scrappy but long may these results continue.