Arsenal vs Southampton (Premier League)

Can’t wait to see Perez and Mustafi in action. It’s always a great time when new signings play.

Knowing Wenger Giroud will start if fit at Perez and Walcott will be on the bench

1 Like

I think both Mustafi and Perez will start from the bench

1 Like

Perez maybe but no way Wenger doesn’t start bedding in the Koz Must duo now or he’s literally mad.

1 Like

Mustafi is going to start I think.

Walcott will also start at rw and Giroud up top.

1 Like

You are talking about Arsene “Don Quixote” Wenger…

Ridiculous if Perez doesn’t start imo we signed him for a reason to score. So play him! Plus he’s only 8.5 on FPL and I want him in my team :wink:

2 Likes

So glad the International break is over. Really disrupts the start of a season. Though in any case I’ll be missing this game. After finally taking our first win of the season at Watford, we need to build upon that game and put a run together.

We’ve had a lot of trouble with Southampton in recent seasons, but with Koeman no longer at the helm, it offers a chance to put one over the Saints. I’d imagine Mustafi will be given his first game at the club, put alongside Kos, unless Wenger decides to bench one of them in preparation for the CL game.

Midfield will be a more difficult one to figure out, but it’s nice to have options for once. Perez will most likely start from the bench, Giroud is due a start.

Most of the team is available and hopefully the pre season rustiness is swept aside, I think we can add another victory, 2-1 to the Arsenal.

(My god Gunning, I literally just finished writing this post and you give me an automatic like :joy: )

3 Likes

Guaranteed that neither one of the new guys will start.

There is no chance at all Mustafi won’t start lol. We paid 35M for him and he’s our best defender after Koscielny.

2 Likes

I guess, but it’s not Arsene’s thing to buy someone and put them in the team immediately.

Eh? Ozil Alexis Cazorla Giroud Podolski Cech all started their first match after they signed lol

1 Like

I can’t remember that far back but neither Elneny or Xhaka started when we desperately needed them to.

Sunderland away in 2013 :ozil2:

I think we will explode on them tommorow 4-1 to the Arsenal !

Arsene press-conference imminent. We’ll know more about the line-up.

2 Likes

They’ll ask him about Mourinho for 15min, trying to stir things up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ramsey out for tomorrow’s and Tuesday’s game.

Barely anything else noteable to report, he’ll make all his match line-up decisions tomorrow. :wenger2:

2 Likes

Definitely better off resting Alexis for this.

Wenger on Lucas Perez: “He’s a quality player who can play on the flanks, but through the middle as well.”

We’ll be seeing him on the flanks a lot this season.