Arsenal Vs PSG (Champions League)

That first half trouncing felt bad, couldn’t wait for that half to end. It’s really odd to watch us get dispossessed or lose the ball so frequently, I know we’ve moved away from our possession based game but bloody hell, we still have players that can hold the ball better than they did.

I’m pleased for Ramsey. I honestly didn’t want him in that fixture but he was unsurprisingly one of our better players. Hindsight, Le Coq really needs displacing with Xhaka as the link from midfield to the forwards is just atrocious right now. So much back-peddling and crab-passes, we get nowhere. I think it says as much when Özil has yet another quiet game, he simply isn’t getting any service, just running around for nothing.

We’re clearly capable of better performances and ideally, if Wenger could find a consistent midfield pairing, preferably with Xhaka (!) then I reckon we’ll start seeing some form again in this team.

No, middle table form :wink:

You missed Leicester. To be honest, the options between first and second placed teams don’t really seem drastically different in terms of chances of drawing a monster team.

Had we finished first (which of course now looks very unlikely(, we would draw one out of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Man City, Bayer Leverkusen, Porto, Sevilla, or Benfica. So in the former case we have 4 out of 7 bad draws, and in the latter case, I think Real, Bayern, and City can all be considered bad draws, surely? Given Sevilla’s form this season they might also be considered a bad draw, so that would be 3, to arguably 4 bad draws out of the second place teams. It seems to me like a bit of a toss up whether its more beneficial to finish first or second in the group this year.

Can’t draw English opposition in the Round of 16 & I still think Real Madrid will finish top by beating BVB at home on Match day 6.

1 Like

In a nutshell mate. These 2 teams are favorable draws for the remaining clubs in the next round.
Neither of us are top of the teams to avoid lists of other teams.

1 Like

I can only take solace in the fact that we didnt lose ,as others have said in previous years we would have lost ,but its another papering over the cracks .
The faultlines will need to be cemented or they will be revealed when the competition gets serious again next year !

1 Like

Another dire performance

I think the last time we actually played well was against the Chavs

We would of lost last night had Cavani of been any good

Thought the team selection was strange. I would of stayed with Sanchez up front and Theo wide right. Probably would of kept Iwobi out of the starting line up as well. He’s not been playing well for about a month now and his attempt at keeping Lucas’ header out was a joke

Ramsey is another one. How he just walks back in to the team is beyond me. He slows play down, does way to many fancy flicks that hardly ever come off and shoots from some crazy angles that he has no chance of scoring from

I suuppose i shouldnt be surprised at finishing 2nd in the group and looking at other groups this season even winning the group could see you playing a top team

Barca here we come!

4 Likes

Can I just ask out of interest, who would you have played in Iwobi’s place?

Must have wanted Chamberlain given the other choices said.

I was thinking that, but then when you say that, you surely have to cast your mind as to why the freakin fuck you would want Oxlade-Chamberlain with anywhere near that kind of attacking responsibility. As in, is that REALLY better than playing Iwobi?

I don’t know, maybe this is the perfect time to give the Ox one last shot. If he’s gonna break out it’s now or never.

1 Like

The problem we have is we try to play in a style which the players we have available cannot execute. The result is endless side passng with little or no end product. A prudent manager would adapt to this and try another way . Ours refuses to change or adapt and thus we will never win the league or the champions league under him because the moment a key player is injured the system collapses in a huge pile of November. This happens year in year out so its not unique .

2 Likes

Could of gone with Ox

Iwobi has been poor for a month or so now. Why keep him playing when he isnt cutting it? Give the lad a rest and use the squad that we have

Ox has been poor for the majority of his career, why keep paying him when he isn’t cutting it?

Well thats another debate lol

I’m just saying we should of taken Iwobi out of the team. Ox hasnt been playing well either but showed what hes capable of against Utd last week. Just need to see him doing more of that

Yep, a back up right back for when we’re in search of a goal. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Whoops mate

I am a tit :wilshere:

No, no you’re not.
Passion v hindsight

1 Like