Arsenal Vs PSG (Champions League)

Still unbeaten in november. #ILoveNovember :wink:

1 Like

Ludogorets and Basel still have to qualify to the E.L. so i expect them to give us and P.S.G. a good test.

1 Like

I’m very angry about this game. A nosense XI caused a bad first half. I didn’t understood why Coquelin was on the pitch (against a PSG midfield with Motta, Matuidi and Krycho) and Sanchez on the right as winger. Totally nosense to play with Iwobi (apart the stupid owngoal) instead of Oxlade, with our best player on the right.

Ramsey the less poor on the pitch. He recovered a lot of balls, but about the creation of an attempt, and to pass the ball to Mesut, him and Coquelin are totally useless.

Poor performance by Kostafi.

We need to recover Santi, Bellerin and Welbeck as soon as possible.

About the knockout stage, I’m sure about a draw with Barça, no doubt.

2 Likes

Our performances all month have been uninspirising and lackluster. Typical November really. Still, I suppose on a slight positive, we haven’t lost a game so far this month. But far too many draws in these big matches. Tonight was a real opportunity to finish the job off and we looked second best once again.

The penalty right on half time, came at the perfect moment and for a brief while in the second half, that momemtum carried towards a second. Although it was flukey as fuck it has to be said, but comical nonetheless.

PSG, in particular Cavani, had so many good chances. We probably should’ve lost both games if Cavani was more clinical. So it’s another fortuntate draw. Hope of topping the group look really unlikely. I can’t see Ludogorets taking points off PSG. So our customary second place in the group stage beckons. We badly need to get back to winning ways against Bournemouth on Sunday.

The Arsenal season script, must be the easist write up of the year.

3 Likes

The last 3 games tell you all about Wengers Arsenal now.
The club mentality now cannot do expectation.
The freshness of Conte, Pep, klopp will give so much more impetus to them clubs over us.

3 Likes

A draw against PSG isn’t a bad result. I find it interesting that we are somehow getting draws when we really don’t deserve them. Years gone by we wouldn’t have been getting away with it.

I honestly think our team should be going toe to toe with all the top teams, the United and Chelsea wins have been thrilling; however a game like that in Europe would be something else.

The sort of intensity we saw in the opening 10 minutes against Bayern, just, more of it, 80 minutes more to be precise.

1 Like

And people are saying they teared us apart? Lol not really. Their performance looked similar to when our team used to play with all the posesssion and barely get a shot on target. We were worse but they sucked too.

1 Like

We played horribly in the first half, but in the second half, we were the better team.

We are struggling monumentally with Jenkinson and Gibbs in as full-back replacements for Bellerin and Nacho.

A promising second half performance, and I am just excited to see the Santi-Xhaka/Coq partnership to come back in a week or two.

The question remains; what’s better, finishing first or finishing second? By finishing second, we ultimately avoid playing Real Madrid or Bayern Munich in the next round.

Heres to the idea that we get Monaco in a revenge-grudge match!

2 Likes

PSG could still fuck up and draw. It’s not over yet.

1 Like

So Cavani? I mean he’d be an improvement as far as movement and workrate but clinical he is not.

1 Like

A solid 4 shots on goal in the last 3 games. You’d think we’d be struggling with relegation (@Luca_from_Italy :wink:) the way we’re creating chances this month.

1 Like

We simply just aren’t very good as the Spurs, United & PSG games show, we have slight defiances in every department of the game from Defence to Midfield to the Final third. Our 6 options for the Rd 16 IMO are Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico, Juventus, Monaco & Napoli or Benfica. If its any of the first 4 we are done and dusted but the latter 2 are 50-50 type scenarios.

yawn.

Alexis would kick three goals in a 3-0 win, and you’d say he should’ve scored 4.

2 Likes

Your delusion is real.

2 Likes

Have I missed something? They’ve gone top but we have the greater goal difference? Shouldn’t we be top?

1 Like

Head-to-head goes over goal difference in the Champions League.

It’s like a home and away knock out round. They’ve got two away goals to our one.

Away Goals really isn’t a kind rule to us, can’t actually remember the last time it has worked in our favour.

2 Likes