Arsenal Vs PSG (Champions League)

I genuinely think we’re going to blitz these cunts.

3 Likes

That’s good news for us… we haven’t been fluid at all, so we will have to be super solid at the back. No dodgy goals, please.

1 Like

Scenes.

3 Likes

Without Cazorla and Bellerin we’re not pulling off the football we saw when they were fit. Alexis might get joy up top if PSG come to attack but I wouldn’t risk it. Let’s change it up.

I’d give Ramsey another shot under his preferred set up. Xhaka, Özil, Iwobi, Alexis and Giroud can all create.

Iwobi and Alexis can whip decent crosses in for Giroud.

Alexis, Giroud and Ramsey the more direct goal threats.

2 Likes

Good news that Aurier will be missing, he caused us massive trouble in the away game.

2 Likes

I got all excited this morning because I thought this match was today… sad face.

1 Like

I would say Ludogorets have caused us more problems than Basel so far.

Arsenal 6 - 0 LudoRaz disguises the fact they could and should have scored 2 or perhaps 3 goals themselves but for some UNLUCK at the end. Out in Bulgaria they were all over us at the start. Their defence sucks (or perhaps their naivety against teams outside their own league) but the likes of Wanderson and Johnny Cafu seem way above the level of Bulgarian football to me

Meanwhile Arsenal 2 - 0 Basel, I remember from that game they only had about one solid scoring chance in the whole 90. I think that was a lot more of a solid clean sheet than the 6-0. Basel offered nothing upfront, with either their de facto league striker or CL striker (they seem to rotate them evenly)

I guess there is the Basel home record to consider and all that, us not playing great etc. And it’s very typically Arsenal to mess up a CL group stage out of nowhere, but I’d still expect a win in Basel really, meaning our goal difference from the 6-0 should see us home and hosed.

(Secretly I’m not that fussed if we get 1st or 2nd tho)

1 Like

It’s got draw written all over it imo

PSG have many players out: Aurier, Pastore, Kurzawa, Rabiot and probably Di Maria.

Bellerin & Cazorla are also massive misses on our behalf.

Ospina, Gibbs, Xhaka, and Iwobi to come in for Cech, Monreal, Elneny and Ramsey, I think.

Wouldn’t mind to see Alexis rested but it ain’t gonna happen.

4 Likes

C’mon Arsenal! Let’s win the group for once.

Even if we win the group we all know we are going to get the biggest team of whoever is second.
Probably Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.

It will be interesting to see who starts upfront for us, and if he will rest Sanchez.

1 Like

Still, we’d be favored in 4 of the 6 matchups if we winnthe group. If we come second we’d probably be favored in 2 or 3.

3 Likes

Yeah, it definitely matters. Matters less than other years? Definitely. But it’s still better to be 1st than 2nd in terms of who we can draw this season.

2 Likes

Bayern is beatable as well. Madrid is the only side there that would cause concern. We have to win this group IMO.

Tbh unless ManCity somehow manage to beat Barcelona to the first spot (which is unlikely) finishing first will always be easier at this point, which makes winning the group a priority.

PSG missing their entire right side is a huge bonus for us with our left side looking quite vulnerable. I think today will be the start of a run of games for Giroud in the first XI with Alexis, Ozil & Iwobi behind him, Xhaka - Coquelin, back 4 + Ospina and that’s likely to be our team imo.

2 Likes

Why the fuck did he start Ramsey with a broken toe :confused:

His obsession with Ramsey is killing us.

1 Like