Arsenal vs FC Bayern Munich (UCL 1st K/O Round 2nd Leg)

I would take an unknown manager right now at least they will have fresh ideas and might be able to get the best out off these players or finds a system that can make us competitive again.

Well, fuck me for being positive about this game! :mustafi:

Well I was wrong. Giving it the Billy big bollocks in work yesterday about us and going there and narrowly beating them to give us a glimmer if hope of qualifying and then them to come to the Emirates and batter us to knock us out.

Boy I was fucking wrong. Cheers Arsenal!

1 Like

I stand by my prediction. It’s just we are utter shit.

1 Like

Howe?

To be fair to Coquelin, when has knowing what Robben was gonna do ever really made a difference. One of the worlds best for a reason.

Its not like we were up against Andros Townsend.

Paddy Power’s “banter” approach to marketing has always been tiresome. Still whatever keeps the focus off them leeching the life out of poor communities with their FOBT’s.

2 Likes

Why is Mertesacker past it, Artera had to retire and Cazorla will never be seen again, then Bayern can pull out 33 year olds to mug us off on the right wing :sanchez2:

3 Likes

on the positive side the guy who wanted tickets for the return match should now get them quite easily for under 50 quid each .

4 Likes

Very good from Winter

2 Likes

I can’t bring myself to read his work, I think because the bloke just seems to come across as being a complete wanker to me

3 Likes

The only mistake the board has made is enabling Wenger to continue failing. The money is there, they’ve invested it. We have a 60,000 seater stadium, some of the most expensive players in England and plenty of money to continue to invest. The board have enabled Wenger to continue his vanity project. But if Wenger is replaced by a capable manager the new manager will be backed with an abundance of resources.

7 Likes

Thanks Arsenal for ruining my trip to Munich with this dire performance.
Thanks to the Bayern security at the entrance for making me and many other away fans miss the first 20 minutes. Took them ages to actually let some people into the stadium. Very poor organisation.

I have not much to say about the game that hasn’t already been said. Just feel sorry for all the fans who travelled and spent money to see this embarrassing performance. At least the Ox had the guts to come and thank the fans after the final whistle. And at least there is excellent beer in Munich to get over this shit.

I will always support this team no matter what. But I think I’ll stay away from the games for a while and rather take my missus to a nice place on the beach for that kind of money and watch the games on TV.

9 Likes

Were you the Swiss Gooner on Arsenal Fan TV last night by any chance? You’re right about your time and money.

Weren’t you the guy to tell me how I was overreacting at half time, when I was venting about how utterly shit our performance was? Seems we both have egg on our faces. :unamused:

As for the game, there is one person to blame and one person only. I won’t go to the Coquelin thread to say how shit he was, or to the Oxlaide-Chamberlain thread to laugh at people lauding him as good central midfielder.
I most certainly won’t blame Mesut Özil like so many others, because he did not shine in a game where we had fucking 21,2% (Opta) possession and Coq, Ox and the absolutely atrocious Iwobi in midfield. Özil had the second most touches - Mustafi 46, Özil, Alexis and Ospina (!!!) 45 each - yet he is called lazy.
This is a game when our defenders had 50% pass completion (Kos), 57% (Mustafi) and 66% (Coq). These are the players who should be having the best passing percentages instead of the worst, building our game up from the back. With numbers like that it is blatantly obvious they weren’t capable to deal with Bayern’s pressing whatsoever and that is not down to them being retards, but due to lack of organisation.

Of course our players are worse, but when you see Hector lose the ball deep into our own half in build up, because he is forced to dribble past the first press and STILL hasn’t got an outlet after that, as nobody is offering themselves, it is just simply bad. Countless times we were dispossessed within our own half after a few touches, because players either a) didn’t have passing options, b) played shit passes under pressure or c) miscontrolled the ball. Everybody seemed to be fine at halftime despite of this, cause we got a lucky as fuck result. The same thing continued after the break and unsurprisingly it led to what we deserved.

As for the players - it is not Coquelin’s fault he isn’t playing well in a fixture like this. It isn’t Ox’ fault he’s losing the ball on the edge of our box due to lackluster technique. They shouldn’t be playing in a game like this in the first place. Wenger has had years upon years to build and coach this squad.
His “nibelungentreue” to mediocre players like Ox, Coq, Ramsey, Gabriel or fucking Flamini and his obvious inability to equip his team with the ability to solve problems at the highest level is what is to blame here, not a single one of the players.
Shame on the board for letting this go on as long as it did.

8 Likes

Yet another predictable shambles

Where to start?

Lets go with their first goal. Coquelin showing Robben inside on to his left foot. What the fuck was Coq doing going to his left and showing Robben inside? Obviously the preperation we did couldnt find any previous games where Robben has done this so it was a massive surprise! Pathetic

The 2nd half where we lose Kos and just fall apart at the back. We hear all the time about how great the mental strength is yet we just collpase like that after losing Kos? What a fucking shambles

The only player to come out with any credit is Ospina and he conceded 5 goals!

There will be no blame though and the same players will carry on doing what they do as they have no one to answer to and there is no threat of being dropped

1 Like

all of them should play against Sutton, fuck resting any of them, they’ve had enough rest the last 3 games…Pampered prima donna’s…
The Marks and Spencers of football, promise a lot deliver very little, apart from the food and the pork pies…

1 Like

Match report:

2 Likes

When you realize that Moe is a more inspirational manager than Wenger.

2 Likes

What’s disappointing is I don’t think Bayern were on fire. Same story with Barca last year. There was another gear available if they needed it.

Some good moves but apart from Robben’s finish (I know you could have stopped the chance before but the finish was absolute golazo) was the only thing that was big money players being unstoppable. It wasn’t like we were torn apart by anything unstoppable. We weren’t up for it, we let them play and they won easily.

People have been slating Enrique and Barca but I bet in PSGs position we’d have failed to win. I think we’re scared of doing anything significant in the CL.

7 Likes