Arsenal Captaincy

Need to do a new poll with Guendouzi included :smiley:

Leno, Geundouzi, Papa, and yeh I’ll even throw Bellerin in there but mostly just cuz he hasn’t played lately and his shit defense isn’t fresh in my mind.

I really like Laca as captain… Guen is too young but he shows the characteristics perhaps… Leno maybe but usually you want a field player.

None of our defenders deserve it.

Can we play without a captain?

3 Likes

Isn’t that what we refer to as putting Xhaka in the lineup?

2 Likes

1 Like

We haven’t signed him yet. Whoever it is.

2 Likes

Rashida Jones is lovely.

1 Like

Innit.

Can’t believe Jim dumped her for Pam

I’m still happy with my choice of not voting, seen nothing to make me change my mind.

1 Like

in a way it is kinda scary that there isnt 1 single player that you would think yes that is our captain in our team. Every single player there is big doubts about being a captain we have no real leaders STILL!

2 Likes

Auba and Laca are clearly very popular in the dressing room, I’ve thought Auba was possible captain material since that day just after he signed where he passed up taking a penalty because Laca had just come back from injury and needed a goal because he was going to be our only available striker for the Europa League. He seems to be very much about the team.

I also listened to the Arseblog podcast this week discussing Hector as a candidate and I liked the reasoning there, someone who is an intelligent character, gets the club and could quite feasibly do the job for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Only Auba qualifies.
No one else

:laca:

1 Like

Someone needed to keep the seat warm for Tierney

1 Like

Bellerin Saliba Upa(?) Tierney

All young kings, all will be rocks of our defence for years to come and all contenders for the captaincy please god.

1 Like

Nostalgia time, but when you look at that Invincibles team you could probably name 8 or 9 of them as captains. You look around our team now and it’s so hard to name 1.

I see a captain as a leader of men and a good communicator, we only really have Luiz and possibly Aubamayang that fit into that category.

2 Likes

Auba should be captain for now hands down. He’s our talisman atm.

3 Likes

I’d go with Lacazette right now

For the future I’d be looking at Bellerin or Tierney

Wouldn’t surprise me though if Emery went with Luiz for some games

2 Likes

I don’t think we have a REAL leader/captain atm.
thought koscielny was a shit captain tbh
Ceballos looks like he might have a leading spark in there somewhere… but he’s on loan and quite young still. Hmmmm.