Alexis Sánchez

Don’t hold back… tell us what you really think of him :smile:

1 Like

The fans don’t, but Wenger deserves all these.
“Told you so”, “Told you so”… you don’t fucking satisfy your star player, you don’t build your team around the star players and just trying to ride on cheap… that’s what you get in the end.

Sanchez is an asshole by not playing professional… but most of the blame should go to the one who started this.

2 Likes

Sanchez doesn’t get into the City side right now. Why fix whats not broken? Will do more damage than good.

i would love it if they got him there and he goes there and starts doing what he is doing here ‘i am the star i should play every second of every match and if i dont i will bitch and sulk’ see the team harmony go to shit.

1 Like

Pep is no Wenger.
If Sanchez doesn’t fit into the team and doing no good, Pep will bench him, and then sell him.

To sign Sanchez as a FA (or cheap), it is a gamble that Pep/City can take.

2 Likes

The problem is that because Sanchez is by far the best player here, and Wenger hasn’t bothered to get any similar quality players, that is the reason he wants to go to Man City.

He was used to playing with world class players at Barcelona and then here he is in a team with players that are way below what he is used to with a manager who has no ambition other than fourth place.

What world class player doesn’t want to play alongside De Brune, Silva and Aguero under the most successful and exciting manager in Europe, rather than Ramsey, Xhaka and Giroud with a manager that is too stubborn to realise he is dragging the club down?

I don’t blame him for wanting to leave.
He has done a great job for us and deserves a lot better than we can offer him.

2 Likes

Don’t think you’ll find many complaints if Ozil signs and Alexis leaves

2 Likes

I will have a party. You’re all invited!

It’s not a bad scenario but only if Sanchez is replaced by an equally good player.
Even if he is, we are still only as strong as we were last season when we finished outside of the CL places.

I don’t really see football like this. The focus of this management should be finding functional pieces so the system becomes more efficient.

What does ‘equally good player’ player mean?

1 Like

Someone who is effective and influential as Sanchez is.
Rather than players like Ramsey, Iwobi, Walcott who are good but not game changers.

Every successful club has match winners and we have Sanchez and Ozil and if they leave we are left with a squad full of decent but not elite players.

Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez stand out in our first team because they are so much better than the rest.
I don’t want to see a team without any elite players and if they aren’t replaced with the equivalent then expect more of the same.

We will be the only top club in Europe with one of these players.

If they do leave, who will be our best player next season?
Wilshere?
If you’re ok with that, it’s fine, but I was hoping for a bit more.

p44346

1 Like

this guy begs to differ:

1 Like

Who is the going to be the replacement of our 30-goal scorer??

Sanchez plays like shit this season, so we are shit.
If we can get a 30-goal scorer, then we should have a smoother transition.

1 Like

We play shit because that fucker is screwing up our opportunties and wenger wont fucking bench him. He loses possession pretty much 50% of the time, he slows up attacks and isnt scoring and holds onto the ball for too long. we dont need a fucking 30 goal a season player we need a player that is a team player releases the ball and creates chances and passes quickly and scores a few also. The whole team dynamic will change when you aint got a prick of a player dictating play all the time.

Ahah! Even City know Sanchez would cause troubles with his shit attitude :poldi:

Agree of what you said… so we need a replacement.

Alexis has literally all the attributes to be every bit as great a functional piece in a team that devotes itself to a system or game plan as any other player in world football. On the ball, off the ball, creatively, positionally… he has all the tools to apply himself to what the manager directs.

Don’t mistake his approach here as being his one and only approach for any manager or team he plays for. When it reaches the stage that a player only tries something audacious on his every touch of the ball - it obviously means that player either hasn’t been given a directive by the manager and/or doesn’t believe in the team he’s in and/or doesn’t give a fuck.

If anyone really thinks that he would go to this Man City team to frickin IGNORE PEP and the utterly brilliant team around him, to instead do what he does here, they’re off their fucking rocker. His respect for that whole setup would be laid out before he even joins let alone once the manager has a chat with him. Not least because he’s experienced Pep.

2 Likes

I thought the :sunglasses: would have told anyone that I wasn’t being entirely serious. Certainly not about the team thing anyway. I still insist City don’t need him, though. And that he would likely be a squad player.

Immediate upgrade of Sterling, and/or Sane.
There is no such “squad player” on a team that is seriously in 3 to 4 competition, especially a player with Sanchez’s caliber.
He will have plenty of playing time if going to City.