Alexis Sánchez

oh~~~~~~ :facepalm:

1 Like

Well, he looks fit.

1 Like

I love how we laud Alexis’ passion for the game playing for us, but when he’s over in Chile we’re desperate for him to back off.

I think it’s fairly obvious it’s Chile first and Arsenal second and so what? He still puts more in for his club side than most players do for their first love, whether that be club or country.

His injury record across his entire career is decent; this is a guy in the Cristiano Ronaldo mould of looking after his body.

5 Likes

I have no problem with the fact that Alexis places NT representation ahead of club football. That kind of mentality is pretty standard amongst South Americans footballers.

The issue for me is when he puts his long term fitness in danger by being irresponsible in the present. That is what I was getting at when I suggested unprofessionalism. He’s not looking after his body properly when he’s not taking sensible precautions or doing proper rehab even for a small knocks or strains.

I’ve always said it: At 27 he should know better by now. Even the match against Uruguay isn’t life or death in terms of qualification. He should manage himself much better especially when it comes to realizing and accepting he needs to rest. With Wenger and his International manager he’ll never put his foot down because of his desire to play.

I don’t think his injury record matters at all. I’m more interested in what condition Alexis will turn up in for preparation against United and how his international excursions will affect his performance. There’s a good chance we’ll get the sluggish tired performances of 15/16 from him. It might be worth resting Alexis against United for our own good. Knowing Wenger it is unlikely

2 Likes

I think Alexis is just kinda simple.

Maybe it’s just me but he genuinely strikes me as a footballing Forrest Gump.

5 Likes

he starts. #PrayForArsenal :pray:

1 Like

Genuinely expecting an aggravation to the injury, making the issue significantly worse.

As I type this, Alexis seems normal on the field but that really doesn’t mean much.

He shouldn’t have been risked regardless of how he feels about it. He shouldn’t be starting tonight nor should he be playing this weekend. How can he be expected to deliver when he’s considerably less than 100%?

Few weeks of rest results in a fully fit, ready and very motivated Alexis. That’s the Alexis that Chile and Arsenal need.

1 Like

Well, from Chile’s perspective they don’t see Alexis back for a bit and they know Arsenal is going to run him down into the ground regardless whether they play him tonight/he gets injured, so I’m not sure I really see any motive for them not to risk him.

2 Likes

He cant even stand up.

3 Likes

JUST SCORED FOR CHILE !!!

Hamstring/groin looks fine to me :wink: WHAT A GOAL :heart:

3 Likes

He’s a beast, this story is a total fucking mess.

2 Likes

Such a smashing player. :sanchez:

EDIT:

I type that and then he smashes into Gaston Ramirez. :thinking:

1 Like

Fucking Middlesbrough cunts

3 Likes

ALEXISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! 3-1 Alexis brace.

5 Likes

Take him off now. Man of the match already.

2 Likes

He just became our second highest all-time goalscorer. Just one away from Salas.

13 Likes

Alexis subbed off! God is real! :ok_hand:

(He’s fine)

4 Likes

Yess. Two goals and he didn’t get injured! perfect :heart:

1 Like

@Persona That’s the chilean feed :laughing:

3 Likes