2018 FIFA World Cup

No Nainggolan in the Belgium squad. Martinez said it was a “tactical decision”. I know there was apparently a falling out between the pair – but is this not a case of the manager putting his ego before the team?

1 Like

How is Naingolan not in that squad. What a disaster !

Spain
Germany
Brazil
France

Imo

1 Like

Nah. Bellerin has been left out of the Spain squad. They have zero chance of winning it now :sunglasses:

Wow no morata and fabregas either

Morata and Alonso also out of the squad

Full marks for putting Nacho and Monreal next to each other :clap:

7 Likes

Alonso > Monreal, no? I guess it’s for better tactical flexibility and Monreal’s experience, as he probably won’t make the bench anyways unless injury, but still, hard on Alonso, no?

1 Like

Which Alonso are we talking about?

Xabi Alonso retired from football in 2017.

I think it’s harsh on Morata too as I really like his performances for Spain, much more than Diego Costa’s.

Marcos

1 Like

Yeah I’d take him over Monreal any day.

Bellerin not in the squad is a shocker. I hear the catwalks in Moscow are nice.

1 Like

How embarrassing for Morata.

Spains squad look so meh. No pace at all. Expect them to do another euro 16.

Another international retirement from a player left out of the team…

Fancy France then Spain, then Brazil.

I’d fancy France too if Deschamps wasn’t such an incompetent fool

1 Like

I did a World Cup predictor chart on the Telegraph website and I ended up with Brazil vs France and Germany vs Spain for each semi final. Rarely does it equate with the four best team in it so it’s unlikely :grin:

I fancy Spain to win it but I can’t see much between them, France and Brazil

France have more talent but Germany are better balanced and know how to win. I would fancy Portugal as an outsider because of Ronaldo mainly

Monreal over Alonso :arteta:

Doesn’t matter tbh unless Alba gets injured I guess. Maybe Monreal is preferred as a better attacking option tactically.