Zlatan Ibrahimović

[quote=“SRCJJ, post:323, topic:529”]
I’d be curious to know who the highest scoring 35+ year old in a single PL season is? Anybody got the stat for it?
[/quote]Interesting question! I thought it might be someone like Shearer or Wrighty, but its seems from what I can find, it’s Teddy Sheringham.

He scored 12 league goals for Tottenham in 02/03 season when he was 36/37. Can’t think of anyone better than that. Pretty good going considering how very average they were at that time.

2 Likes

Good pub quiz question

Is it though? :smile:

Great question.

Shearer got ten in his only season as a 35 y/o. Sheringham got 12 as a 36 y/o. Zola got 14 when he was 36.

Can’t think of many others who were scoring at that age in the PL.

4 Likes

[quote=“shamrockgooner, post:327, topic:529”]
Can’t think of many others who were scoring at that age in the PL.
[/quote]Another one to add to the list. Les Ferdinand scored 12 goals for Leicester City in 03/04 at the age of 37, and unlike the other names in the list, Leicester struggled badly, they were relegated after that season.

1 Like

So after 18 league games Ibra has seemingly equalled the record and should have broken it today had he not been robbed.

3 Likes

GETTING SICK OF ALL THIS LOVE FOR A RIVAL PLAYER.

12 Likes

NOT OUR FAULT IF RIVAL PLAYERS ARE BETTER THAN OURS

5 Likes

problem arises when people give our players fuck all credit but the grass is greener everywhere else…if it is so green over at manu ask them if they would want to swap places with us right now instead of being 6th. Everyone is wanking off to this guy, yeah he is a good player and has even surprised me as i didnt think hed last or make an impression but at the same time one of our players has an off day and they are utter dogshit.

I feel that we have really decent players and a decent squad its just they need to get their fucking heads right!

[quote=“Phoebica, post:331, topic:529”]
NOT OUR FAULT IF RIVAL PLAYERS ARE BETTER THAN OURS
[/quote]http://www.julep.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/tumblr_mdkpb77dao1qc4v9ro5_250.gif

4 Likes

The thing is yeah of course you’d rather be higher in the Table currently but ask Man U ( fans) if they’d rather swap positions as a club overall going forward ? We all know they will win a title before we do despite the fact they haven’t finished above us since 2013.

This is the problem. There’s no “wanking off” happening

1 Like

Ha Phoebe… my idol.

Put him in my fantasy team and made him captain. Prove me wrong you dragon loving cunt.

I’d take our chances over theirs tbh and swapping places has fuck all to do with single players.

You seriously believe we will win the Title again before Man United ?

At least in the near future I see our chances to be pretty good to win something before they do, even if it’s just the FA cup.

Im not talking FA cup or League cup, solely talking Premier League Title.

Why are you so obsessed with that 2nd class competition? Community shield is much more prestigious.

1 Like

Meh… I don’t think they’re going to win the PL anytime soon, so I’d put our chances to be at least equal.