Yaya Sanogo

https://twitter.com/serg_ka/status/873120553896247296

:thinking:
He wasn’t that vital was he?

2 Likes

No he fucking wasnt.

3 Likes

He is up there with the worst strikers I can remember Wenger buying.
We’ve had Park, Gervinho, Chamakh, Aliadiaire, Vela, Bendtner, as well as Sanogo.
There are defenders who have a better scoring rate than him.

He’s been on loan at Crystal Palace and Charlton and was just as poor there.
I can’t believe Wenger tolerates these type of players for so long.

1 Like

Bendtner doesnt belong on a list of our worst strikers. The lad scored the guts of 50 goals in an Arsenal shirt.

8 Likes

The game changed when he came on for Podolski, dragged defenders out of position and gave Giroud more space. I remember it was boo’ed at the time. Looking at the goals he dragged 2 defenders out for the Kosceilny’s goal from the corner made a run to pre-assist Ramsey’s goal.

2 Likes

Its like when Stalin was in power this. Re writing history. John Hawley is the only player to come anywhere close to being as bad as him.

1 Like

There nothing wrong with recognising him playing an indirect but important role in like two matches. Bringing him on for Podolski certainly facilitated a positive change and he did play a clumsy role in Ramsey’s winner. It does mean that anyone is saying that he isn’t totally fucking shit. Comparing it to Stalinist revisionism is a tad over the top to say the least :smile:

1 Like

To be fair to Bendtner, he was a bit of a super sub before he left us and his goal ratio was pretty good.
It’s a shame his attitude and ego got in his way.

3 Likes

He’s really bad, yes, but he was an upgrade over that terrible (fatigued?) version of Giroud in the games he started in 13-14, and in that way had a positive impact on the team, even if it was a negligible one. Played well thrown into the fire against Bayern too for some 60-70 minutes.

He’s crap, but I wouldn’t put him up there with our worst ever players (c’mon, Squilllaci, Bischoff, Armand Traoré ) I’d throw him in there with Chamakh basically, who was crap too (and a baffling signing, but I digress), despite some people who continue to strangely suggest otherwise.

Chamakh scored something like 10 goals before he was replaced by RVP after a dozen or so games lol. You were epically wrong about Sanogo. Perhaps more wrong than any human being has ever been in the history of mankind. If I were you I’d just forget about it.

3 Likes

That was a very good team offensive team he was playing in, before injuries hit, and his contribution was extremely overrated because people found the concept of a hard-working target man novel. He was crap.

Yes, but he wasn’t Sanogo level crap.

2 Likes

Sanogo has to be up there with out worst ever signings, the guy cant even play football properly

1 Like

Tbf Stalin played a part in the demise of the Nazi war machine.
Ive got nothing for Yaya though.:wink:

“A part” might be underselling Russia’s role just a little bit haha

Let’s not get into that here though :campbell:

2 Likes

There’s probably better players than Sanogo on this forum

4 Likes

you? Why not try out for gunners ladies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not, I would’ve scored a few goals in Sanogo’s place. :slight_smile:

They also had a big part in building it so that’s a draw there.

It might not have got so big if some had got involved a bit earlier.

1 Like