Would you Cash in on Sanchez and Ozil?

Just because Sanchez runs a lot and likes football doesn’t mean he was going to reach his peak for us again (though he still could I guess).

It looks like we were going to have to keep Ozil anyway and I can only guess that Arsenal didn’t want a fan revolt at losing Sanchez but they’re kidding themselves if they think letting two players go on a free is going to be plain sailing. There will be serious speculation from mid-November about January bids and then pre-contract speculation all the way until May and fans are going to be just as mad losing him next summer. It’s not like our two best players walking out the door (potentially to “rivals”) is going to be met with “It’s alright Arsene mate, we know there’s nothing you could’ve done” and “we all accepted it last summer so don’t worry”.

If they’d got rid of Sanchez early and bought someone we could pin our hopes to then we’d have forgotten about him. Now we’re going to have two summers thinking about little else beyond losing our best player(s) and having to find replacements.

We turned down £60m for him and now we’re going to have £0 to replace him with so whoever we get is going to be a big net spend. I really wouldn’t be surprised if some bullshit FFP reason comes up where we can’t go big on a replacement.

4 Likes

I’m not giving anyone a famous Aussie " I told you so on this one" hindsight it didn’t work out well at all.

Should have sold Sanchez to City and sold Ozil and or let him walk, but I thought we could get CL football in 17/18 by keeping them which proved to be sadly incorrect.

2 Likes

This is a random as fuck bump Aussie :rofl:

Mate. Fucking everybody agreed we needed to sell these two that summer hahaha.

1 Like

Accoriding to the poll 35% of people had that opinion.

@Calum was on my profile and just saw it as one of the threads I started, so I thought I’d have a little squiz.

1 Like

I’ve just voted to sell both.

1 Like

What’s the point of resurrecting this?

So what you are saying is that you are a fraud and want want a mod to give you a permaban ?

Probably not a great deal of point to it tbh, was just going through my profile history and was reading peoples’s opinons on the matter from 3.5 years ago.

Don’t feel the need to comment @DavidHillier if you have no interest, but it could be worse if we had the old forum pre July 2016 I’d be able to bring back all my Klopp views so you should be thankful.

2 Likes

Wow, what an awful take by me.

I do think this ends differently if we don’t hire Unai Emery. But I fucked up. Apologies.

1 Like

@Electrfrauding

6 Likes

No ‘Told you so’ is valid until they are in ‘Told you so Archive’ thread.

Sorry @Aussiegooner, I deem this a fraudulent attempt

1 Like

At the time I said (not on here) that Arsenal should have cashed in on Alexis and Ozil, but Arsenal would have been in the exact same position we’re in at the moment.

Wenger wanted to use the money on bloody Thomas Lemar. 90 million of the Queen’s finest Pound Sterling :sweat:

4 Likes

That’s true, if we spent the money on Lemar it would have mattered little.

If we had bought Aubameyang then both would have stayed and we would have got a top four place.

2 Likes