Will we sign anyone else?

I’m hoping for a Arteta, Benayoun, Mertesacker, Santos deadline day, I think we signed someone else as well but I can’t remember

We had to let that guy go after the Mustafi deal rose to 35 million.

7 Likes

Yeah, Asano will most likely never be heard from again through a combination of work permit politicking (never seems to stymie Manchester United’s players does it?) and just not being good enough.

I wouldn’t loan Holding out though. An injury to Mustafi before Per comes back and we’re looking at a CB pairing of Kos and Gabriel. I think there’s a decent CB in Gabriel but he doesn’t fill me with confidence right now and I don’t think Arsene is the coach to get that out of him. (I think Kos is more the exception rather than the rule when it comes to Arsene nurturing CBs over the last seven or eight years)

I think it was a young player like Eisfeld or Park.

That transfer window was like a BHS closing down sale for us.

1 Like

oh yeah it was Park, how could I not remember such a fantastic player

1 Like

I remember… the 2011/2012 Summer Transfer window - absolute mockery… that was the year we got trashed 8-2 by Man Utd wasn’t it?

pretty much the day before we signed all of those players on deadline day

The ultimate negligence.

30th August 2011 - Park Chu Young
31st August 2011 - Mertesacker, Arteta, Santos, Benayoun (loan)
6th January 2012 - Thierry Henry (loan)
31st January 2012 - Thomas Eisfeld.

Edited due to own stupidity.

Good business that.

2 Likes

I would not mind a quality winger. But we won’t likely get rid of Walcott or Ox. That and the fact we are packed in midfield right now.

If it doesn’t happen then that is what Fifa 17 is for

1 Like

I have a feeling that we are going to sign Daniel Sturridge on Transfer Deadline Day (someone bookmark this post)

Have a feeling he’ll turn out just like Welbeck. Already injury-prone as it is. But I’d happily pay £16 million for him to score the winner against Liverpool in an important game as Welbeck did for us against Utd =]

No, I think after today we are done.

Can’t see anyone else now. Unless we sneak in Grie . . . er, no, not really.

This is the first winter transfer window in a very long time that we’re not entering desperately needing to fortify some position. We could use higher quality in many spots, of course, and that hurts our chances of winning anything big. But at least we’re not going into January facing a catastrophic and unfathomable lack of depth in midfield (winter of 15-16), central defense (winter of 14-15), or attack (seemingly every winter in recent memory).

It feels weird not to be checking transfer rumor sites, speculating about some totally unattainable player, and/or trying to convincing ourselves that some other actually attainable player isn’t total shit.

3 Likes

Yeah Im not expecting anything in January as the main thing I’d like to add to the squad is another top quality attacking piece and we all know they rarely move in Jan.

1 Like

Wenger really dislikes the January window and even if we urgently need strengthening, he thinks twice… I doubt we’ll sign anyone this time.

1 Like

We’ve signed a lot of players in January over the years