Will we sign anyone else?

A new player could arrive only after Chambers and Debuchy out loan and an immediate setback by Jenkinson. For the rest, we have two GKs (Cech and Ospina), two RBs (Bellerin and Chambers/Debuchy/Jenkinson), four CBs (Koscielny, Gabriel, Holding and Mustafi), two LBs (Monreal and Gibbs), two DMs (Xhaka and Coquelin), three CMs (Elneny, Cazorla and Ramsey), two AMs (Ozil and Wilshere), two LWs (Sanchez and Iwobi), two RWs (Oxlade and Walcott) and two FWs (Giroud and Perez).

Two RBs, Zelalem, Akpom, Sanogo, Gnabry, MartĂŹnez still need to go out or loan or to be sold.

23 men plus Mertesacker and Welbeck who will not be registered until the end of January.

Can you see us bringing in a world class talent without losing one?

Ozil is irreplaceable right now, Alexis not so much. However on his day Alexis is as good as any wide forward in the world, it’s just that he doesn’t seem overly happy at Arsenal.

We have capacity to upgrade the first team at RW and CF. If a guy became available in one of those positions, it wouldn’t affect Sánchez or Özil. Walcott and Ox would be in trouble, and that is absolutely fine by me.

5 Likes

After we sign Lewandowski, no, I don’t think so.

That’s not really how we play ball though is it?

That bloke from the Telegraph saying we will have some interesting outs has me concerned. Walcott or Ox going out isn’t so much interesting as it would be euphoric.

Stop doing this to yourselves you fools!!

Or could be interesting because Walcott has been here for so long you think that he is more likely to be here in his 50s than actually be moved on as he has underperformed for so long but is still a part of the furniture.

Shamrock chilling like he doesn’t give a fuck about deadline day.

12 Likes

That’s my new favourite gif ever. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Either they will or they won’t.

Ornstein said that this just about does it for the budget, but that if Wenger has a chance to acquire a truly exceptional player (such as the aforementioned James Rodriguez, for instance) they’ll give him the money to do it. We’ll see what happens. Wenger did allude to being very busy over the next few days, but whether or not he was merely talking about finalizing Mustafi and Lucas or if he’s got something else in the fire, we’ll just have to wait and see. That’s the value of patience. Eventually all will be revealed.

oh I dont know . . .we might beat Watford.

haha that is before the dream starts

Selling Theo Walcott would be like a signing.

3 Likes

The only way we’d sign anymore players now is if we received a solid bid for one of our lesser first team players. And even then I’d not be confident we’d replace them this window.

lots of ITKs saying that we are in for another player…

draxler ? sturridge ?

Bring back Kim Kallstrom! #Legend

1 Like

hahahaha

Hi, I’m Persona and I approve this message. :wink:

https://vine.co/v/MvKJ2adiUJ6

1 Like

Asano’s gone to Stuttgart on loan (never to return most likely, but good luck to him). Chambers to Middlesbrough on loan. Szceszny out again to Roma.

I think it’s going to be a disappointing season for one or two of those battling for the now congested midfield, albeit the inevitable injuries to some with simplify the situation.

I’d loan out Rob Holding too in the same way as Chambers but that’s a bit more contentious.

Transfers in are well and truly done.

It’ll be one of those deadline days where Sky continually go for the “latest updates from the Emirates” despite the fact the only people still at work there will be the Sky crew themselves and the caretaker impatiently waiting to lock up.

1 Like