Will we sign a striker?

Another day goes by…

Theres a lot of difference between bieng on the market and facing it ! Other clubs pay what they have to for the players they want . We just see what we can get for the money we wish to spend . Year after year window after window Wenger admits to bieng “surprised” at the prices paid yet he knows just as we all do that there is more money in the english game ,he knows there is more clubs fighting for rhe same players but he wont spend what it takes which is one but not the only reason why hwe will never win the league again under him. We tread water again. And yet here is a new season its 4 am and i cant sleep because im buzzing in excitement that im going down the road in a few hours to see them . Im ready … I hope they are too.

3 Likes

There’s lots of value in the striker market, but you need to be good at finding it. And we’re abysmal at it.

Musa for £15m is good business, so it goes to show you don’t need to go out paying stupid money for players.

wrap this thread up its not happening

true but you got to give teams time to find replacements . last minute shit no longer works

Since Henry left the list of Strikers we have signed is Eduardo (2007), Chamakh (2010), Park Chu Young (2011), Giroud (2012), Sanogo (2013), Danny Welbeck (2014).

That’s the best we can do? It’s a fucking joke.

7 Likes

Please tell me that isn’t true. I can’t think of anyone else that we’ve signed but that list just seems too shit even for us …

It is. Maybe your thinking of RvP and Adebayor who signed while Henry was still here?

You can include Podolski and Gervinho on it if you like…:disappointed:

Yeah @Calum was right I was thinking of Ade! That’s a very damming stat on our transfer business :confused:

I can’t believe their are still fans who actually think we have any kind of real transfer policy!

The whole we only buy quality crap, is a lie and proven to be a lie. Wenger arbitrarily decides what some one is worth and then refuses to pay a penny more. If we’ve really been after a defender and a striker since June, does anyone really think we couldn’t of got them by now? Every other team seems to be able to buy the players they need apart from us. Fact of the matter is Arsene Wenger is out of touch with the modern transfer market, either that or he really believes our team is good enough and doesn’t want to buy anyone.

Worst is we don’t even need a major overhaul at the club, a couple of additions every year would be enough, had we bought a striker and a defensive midfielder last year, and then added one or two additions this year, we would be REAL title contenders and not just top four contenders.

7 Likes

What is a joke is that Arsene wants us to believe that there were no better strikers available in all those years. I know the club doesn’t care too much about the fans but please, don’t treat us like fools.

1 Like

At this point i don’t think so, as we are losing time with Mustafi.

I could live with the club taking the fans for fools. i said it before on the old forum and i’ll say it here. the total disrespect being shown to the fans by both club and manager is nothing less than disdain and contempt.

3 Likes

Looks like we are signing bugger all upfront. Wonder if Wenger will mix up the excuses this year

1 Like

Nope will be as simple as we have Giroud coming back and Alexis is playing that position in training.

Is he any use? :gunnersaurus:

1 Like

You have to be blind (in the heart, and in the head) to see us playing Sanchez as a center forward, and you still can’t see that we’re desperate for a striker.

2 Likes

I still can’t actually believe it’s looking like we won’t sign one. I thought even Wenger wouldn’t be able to ignore it this summer. Does anyone think he might have dementia?

If we don’t sign a striker (or CB for that matter), then i’m afraid we are past incompetence and are in the realms of dereliction of duty.

1 Like