Who's Your Football Idol?

Luis Ronaldo is the first player I remember really getting me into football. He made everything seem possible. For me, he shits on Messi for what he was capable of.

Gattuso and Pippo for working so fucking hard to win everything. Kaka for… well, he made milan great again.

Probably Peter Schmeichel since I was a goalkeeper myself in primary school when he was at his peak and I was Danish too.

Not sure who else I have ever really been in awe of.

I’ve always appreciated Ronaldinho, Laudrup, Zidane, Figo, Fat Ronaldo, Kaka, Pirlo, Zanetti and other legends of the game. Great players and I liked watching them but I’m struggling to think of someone who was really influential in my football fandom.

Bendtner got me back into football and following football after not paying attention for like 6-7 years so I’ve got some time for him.

Right now, though, realistically I will say Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic purely because of their awe inspiring physical prowess, sheer determination to stay at the top of their game and scoring statistics.

Ibra has won the league in something like 11 out of 13 seasons and he’s still smashing it aged 35 and Ronaldo is just God-level. Those two are players I look at am just impressed.

You really do idolise a bunch of cunts. Schmeichel, Bendtner, Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo is the sorriest list of football idols I’ve ever seen a gooner produce :laughing:

5 Likes

Dennis Bergkamp

Agreed lol

Bergkamp

Literally cant decide :smile:

Bergkamp for sure.

I also used to love Henrik Larsson as a kid - not so much after Paris '06…

Was? What are you now then? :wink:

1 Like

By the looks of him id say cuntish.

2 Likes

I retract my earlier comment :’(

It’s hard to have any hard feelings for that game in my opinion. A Ronaldinho (somebody I expected to see in more lists tbh) at his peak was destined to win that thing. Sadly we had to be the ‘victims’. 2004 irks me more in that regard.

My Arsenal idol: Mr Arsène Wenger

http://www.spaziomilan.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/arsene-wenger1.png

My footballing idol: Mesut Ozil

My non Arsenal idol (modern era): Ricardo Kakà

My non Arsenal idol (anytime): Diego Armando Maradona

Charlie George.
Played in the days when football was a real game played by men not pussies.

1 Like

Yeah real men who went to the pub after games, beat their wives and touched little kiddies.

Don’t get that one MM.
I always thought football then was lot more entertaining than the sterilized crap they churn out now.
Give the good old skillful players and the mud heaps any day.

Just never understood the notion men were men before men