Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

what the fuck has everyone got against low, he gets germany playing really well and has won a world cup people are carrying on like he is Allerdyce.

1 Like

He hasn’t managed club football in 15 years and had a largely undistinguished record as a club manager.

International football is tactical grade school compared to club football. You work with the players every few months and you basically roll the balls out and let them play. While our side might find that approach fairly familiar - from what I can tell that’s how Wenger approaches training - what we need is somebody who will actually take us into the 21st century in terms of football tactics and match preparation.

2 Likes

He might be an Allardyce for all we know. He hasn’t got any club management experience for us to judge him on – which is why some people are sceptical.

Sure, he has done well with Germany, but they have an array of talent, which helps. Of all potential Wenger replacements, Löw wouldn’t be anywhere near my list.

But perhaps the powers that be fancy the idea of replacing one institutionalised manager for with another.

2 Likes

He has never managed a club recently :wink:

Except if you actually do the economic analysis in a non-lazy way… this has been gone over plenty and I have presented the math - AFC, which is an insanely good football club investment relative to other football club investments, isn’t all that great - in terms of ROI, it is worse than most hedge funds (and certainly plenty of other options a rich person like Stan can make) and if you look at the category, the mean and standard deviation for ROI is awful compared to so many other categories.

If he was JUST in it for money, he wouldn’t invest in a football club. Yes, it is about money to some degree of course - he isn’t interested in making AFC his plaything and losing money on it. But he hasn’t pulled any money out and he has presided over unprecedented massive growth in spending for us. The fact that keeping AW is against his own financial interests at this point, just shows that he is balancing a number of factors… the easiest thing to do right now would be to throw AW out.

It isn’t black or white… Kroenke may not be the ideal solution for us, but he really hasn’t done anything to suggest he is terrible for the club, other than hold onto AW too long - again, unless you want a sugar daddy to put us into loss-making territory. If you look at the “activist” owners in US sports, they are often not good for their clubs - plenty of examples like my local Redskins.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying for years that when Wenger leaves the board will hire a very uninspiring name to manage the club. And Löw and behold look who the completely out of touch board are contemplating smh. The one and only reason I’d be ok with Löw, is because he’s not Arsene, and I really want to see something different on the pitch right now. Having said that, I’m pretty sure it would be a terrible hire and fail miserably. The pain never ends supporting Arsenal, does it?

5 Likes

I feel a new thread coming on :joy:

For what it’s worth I think Allerdyce would have made an excellent International manager.

1 Like

Look, I get it, international football is different to club football, but it’s still the same sport.

Low hasn’t been managing the Germany rugby, or tiddlywinks team!

If he is basically competent, he will do better than Wenger. It’s as simple as that.

2 Likes

Eddie Howe will probably do better than current Wenger also, it really doesn’t mean much saying someone will do better than current Wenger.

Here for us singing “Arsenal got low low low low low low low low” to the tune of apple bottom jeans tbh

I don’t want Carlo either tbh, he has seen better days, past his best and his league record isn’t that good considering the squads he’s had at his disposal.

How about no no no no no no

1 Like

Low is better than Howe ffs, how many world cups has Howe won (and no, don’t give me the squad argument ffs)

Put some facking respeck on his name.

I get it, you guys are unhappy the dream choices like Tuchel aren’t happening. But once you take a step back and realise they were wholly unrealistic, i think we can be happy with Low. He isn’t my ideal either, check who I voted for in the OP. I wish big Sampa would resign/get sacked from Argentina in the WC and come here but I know that won’t happen.

“A lot of the players don’t want Wenger,” the source said. "They are not happy with his tactics and the training.

"The players don’t want any particular manager to come in – some speak about Thierry Henry, Carlo Ancelotti and even Rafa Benitez – but they are really frustrated.

“A lot of them are also unhappy about the sale of Alexis Sanchez to Manchester United. Alexis could be difficult at times, but the players think it sent the wrong message to sell him to a rival.”

But while there is a sense of exasperation among the players about the training methods and the intensity of training at key stages of the week, and also Wenger’s inability to connect with modern players as he did with his squad during the club’s successful period of the late-1990s and early-2000s, there are some at Arsenal who believe that the players have also let themselves and Wenger down.

One source has told ESPN FC that the “finger pointing” within the squad is down to a lack of players willing to take responsibility and act as leaders, on and off the pitch.

Anyways, that is an anonymous arsenal source close to the club in this article

That is such weak sauce from the players, you think Pep takes it easy on City?! :arteta:

What a bunch of bitches.

1 Like

If we replace Wenger with him we will have reached a new Low :grinning:

Also:

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/971291199171645441?s=19

It’s not really a short list at this stage.

2 Likes

Literally the worst possible source.

3 Likes

Yeah I heard lol.

Lol! Not possible. I’d keep Wenger at this point.