Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

He is not coming. Ancelotti and Jardim are the only realistic targets.

The bit about having an owner who isn’t interested in football could certainly be described as being remotely true.

It has no baring on the operational structure of the football club, which when you think about it is a great thing. Managers prefer a owner who minds his own and leaves the football matters to them. That’s the way it should be

In any case, “The owner isn’t interested in football?” is that really a true statement? Evidently not.

It’s important not to confuse a hands off approach with disinterest

That sounds good for the manager, not necessarily for the club. Definitely good for Wenger.

1 Like

That point was applied generally.

The good thing for any club is to have the qualified football experts ie manager, coaches, technical staff off the pitch in charge of the decision making wrt football matters. This is the ideal

What’s bad for the club is for unqualified fan, who basically had the money to turn his interest into tangible ownership to be making important decision regarding football matters on a consistent basis.

Remember the Manger, be it Wenger or whoever manages Arsenal in the future is the football expert here. They are most qualified to make the best decisions on football matters

It is good for the club in most cases imo. Just not when you have bad managers with huge reputation s that the owner won’t sack.

Think Wenger is a special case here.

You don’t have to be a narcissistic cunt who wants to impose his own vision no matter what in order to be interested or involved in football. You make quite a big jump of assumptions from “not interested in football” to “an unqualified fan”. If Kroenke was more involved with this club he would have noticed earlier that Wenger was failing. But because he isn’t, he only notices when the balance sheets catch up. If he was more involved, he would have flown over himself to investigate how the club is run, instead of sending his son over.

1 Like

The simple question is: Does Stan have a personal interest in football specially Arsenal? The answer is yes, there can be no real debate about that

This doesn’t really make any sense. Stan’s biggest critics have always maintained he’s only interest in money. Arsenal hasn’t been run with the view of making big profits since 2013. We’ve spent massively on player incoming with few major outgoings up until recently.

Fact is Stan retained Wenger despite the clear lack of major success in the league and CL, which would have lead to improved commercial revenue for the club and the loss of CL participation income. He isn’t blind to the fact that a winning team generates more money than one that doesn’t compete. If that was his only interest he would have sacked Wenger ages ago

The thing so many people don’t understand is how much Wenger skews things, it’s not a typical relationship because the situation is so unique so many people don’t or can’t understand this.

Why is that, I don’t understand. Are you saying that the fact he is the majority stakeholder in a football club automatically turns him into someone with personal interest in football?

haha

We’ve spent massively? Talk about overstating. Next paragraph I literally don’t understand because it’s incoherent. The lack of major success would have lead to improved commercial revenue and loss of CL participation income?

It’s clearly to silly to suggest otherwise.

He probably has a personal interest in the club for the same reasons a ton of regular Americans chose to follow the club.

Why else own the club if there’s no personal interest whatsoever?

Of course we have since 2013. We’ve spent heavily on transfers and wages with few major outgoings until this January.

It not incoherent at but I’ll simplify it for for you, ok.

Major trophies = More money

:joy::rofl::joy:

Since you have chosen the condescending tone, I’ll indulge you.

Because Arsenal used to be not the richest, but the most profitable club in the world?
Because he is an investor. That’s what billionaires are, they invest their money in order to make more of it. They invest in zillions of things and they rarely know shit about any of them - that’s what they have advisers for. That’s the people who do actually understand the matter and are being paid handsomely by billionaires for advice where to invest.

Yes it is incoherent. You said Kroenke retained Wenger despite lack of success which would have lead to more revenue and loss of CL income. Fucking nonsensical actually.

Arsenal has been self-sustainable before and after 2013. The fact that we have been able to invest more after 2013 isn’t because Kroenke has been willing to cut profits or invest his own money into the running of the club. He has invested his own money into the ownership of the club so he can profit from that and get that money back with interest. Kroenke is making as much money post 2013 as he has been before 2013. He will get rid of Wenger though once that money influx diminishes, which is why he isn’t interested in Arsenal from a footballing perspective, just from a financial one.

You have clearly negative understanding of how a business work so I am done arguing with.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/971400515157397506?s=19

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/971399828474384384?s=19

This summer?

Germany will probably go far in the World Cup. Players will need a break after that. Then the transfer window closes on August 9.

It’s already difficult to revamp a team in a World Cup year, without the hurdle of not having a manager until a couple of weeks before the season starts.

If we’re talking about next summer then that means another season of Wenger :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Conte did just fine for Chelsea after the Euros.

And Van Gaal after 2014.

Because you’re trying to prove a pretty silly point tbh

Why are you trying to debate whether he has an personal interest in the club when:

1 - It doesn’t matter or even affect the operation of the club
2 - It would not deter a prospective manager from seeking the job (which as the original point which sparked pointless discussion)
3 - It’s clear he has personal in football as a sport and Arsenal as a club.

Buying shares in a football club is a terrible investment option. It’s something that will usually be advised against because it’s mostly an sure indulgence for rich people with interest in football. It’s as simple as that

There are so many variables involved in football the ROI is never guaranteed and susceptible a ton of factors which can alter the value of the shares drastically.

In any case the club hasn’t been run as an investment asset in the slightest. There been no annual dividend, No policy of continually generating income through player sale, Pricing at the club is in line with competitive market, Wage bill expenditure is very high (and getting bigger), we’ve spent heavily on transfer fees in the last couple of seasons and we’ve kept a manager who is unable to compete

It’s only incoherent if you ignore the rest of the post, which provided additional context on that point

As for the rest of your post. The only money Kroenke is making right now is only theoretical. The value of his shares will further increase if the club is consistently competing in the final stages of the CL and winning league titles. That generates more prize money, more TV income and more valuable commercial deals.

If his only interest was only financial Wenger would have been sacked already and a manager brought in to compete for more than 4th place. This is the part you clearly don’t understand and lack of understanding is pretty common to the most vocal Stan bashers.

Also lets not forget the the offer from Usmanov to buy Stan’s shares which valued the club at almost £2bn, that’s considerably more than the actual value of the club.

If he was only interested in financial gain he would have taken that offer having made a massive profit on his original investment. The value of his shareholding will never reach that value organically

This is pretty funny considering the first part of your post. Generally the people who really go after Stan don’t have the slightest clue what they’re on about.

2 Likes

The transfer window didn’t close on August 9 for them though.

Plus, i’m pretty sure, Chelsea announced in April that Conte would be taking over – can’t see our shambles of a club making a decision anytime soon and then announcing it before the end of the season. Though, I’m not too bothered in the case of Joachim Löw – I don’t want him!

2 Likes

Which bit?
Do you you really think that Kroenke is a football fan?
What do you think attracted him to such a money making machine as us?
Was the history of the club, the great players from the past, the great match against Liverpool when we won the League title, the fact he was born so close to the ground?
Or the money he could make, with very little investment in the running of the club?

Yes.

No he doesn’t.
It’s just a business to him.
He isn’t, and never has been, an Arsenal supporter.

Three out of the last four windows we have either made a profit or had a net spend of around nothing.
Before that was even worse.

How many world class players have we bought in the last few seasons, that haven’t left?

Oh yeah lol, we are so fucked I guess.

Got to believe in the #headcoachmodel I guess. And rely on Sven and Raul finding the players we need.

Yeah, I’ve just found an article I read last year which pretty much says the same thing

When Kroenke speaks about Arsenal, there is always utter equanimity. He is no more worried about the dearth of titles and European progress than a supermarket manager whose stores turn a profit but don’t win industry gongs.

Kroenke – asleep on the bridge as Arsenal drift towards the seas of irrelevance – has not the remotest comprehension of the state they are in. He is a billionaire football club proprietor for our times: physically and emotionally removed, lacking the remotest inkling of the sentiment of those supporters for whom those attachments run deep.

Hard not to agree with that to be honest

1 Like

I think I’d rather stick with Wenger than hire Low tbh

5 Likes