Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

We need someone who works hard behind the scenes and does their homework on every single opponent, not just when it pleases and suits them.

It’s all about baby steps. The league is our bread and butter. We haven’t won the opening two games of a season since 2004. Two-thousand-and-f***ing-four. Just goes to show how much Wenger cares about the league.

The baby steps I speak of are winning 5 games on the bounce. When we have a run of fixtures including Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea, West Brom and Brighton (for the sake of argument) we should be looking at 15 points. As a result, if the 6th game is Chelsea away, we can almost afford to lose it.

That’s exactly why the likes of shithead teams like Liverpool and Spurs are looking down at us laughing. They’re doing the basics. Their fans are watching Arsenal FanTV like it’s NetFlix, revelling in it.

If we’d just done the bread and butter right, this most depressing of weeks wouldn’t have impacted on us as much as it has.

1 Like

I think some people, older fans maybe, believe that Ancelotti is a good stop gap before the club finds the “next Arsene” who will be at the club for 15y+.

Football just isn’t like that anymore.

I don’t ever want to see a manager at our club for 15+ years again. The cycle is 3-5 years and that’s it in my opinion.

7 Likes

I think we’re more likely to see the rise of technical directors and directors of football who stay 5-10y and cycle through multiple coaches.

2 Likes

@SRCJJ @Joshua Both situations you two describe is what normal is in football. (Successful) Coaches rarely stay more than 5 or 6 years let alone 21 years. Wenger is an anomaly.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/970029468705263616

Interesting. Could be Tuchel?

1 Like

After 25 years of chasing they’ve finally bagged Wenger :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

that would be halarious. Imagine if they got him, we got another manager and somehow under wenger they still beat us 10-2 on aggregate in the CL :cech:

1 Like

It’s a strong possibility I think. I’m hoping Tuchel’s abrasive personality puts the Bayern Hierarchy off.

Looking around there aren’t that many viable managers. Could Conte go there if sacked? Can’t see it

We aren’t in the position to turn our nose up at Ancelotti who’s won the CL 3 times. For a season or two he’d be fantastic, would win the league and play attacking football

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/tacticsoftuchel/status/969344948775604224

3 Likes

@Persona is buzzing :kos2:

1 Like

Is TT really a viable option though? There’s no point getting excited about him if his frosty relationship with Mislintat means it’ll never happen.

Tuchel is way behind Conte.

Wow, that’s quite an achievement.

2 Likes

Sarcasm? Not really sure :stuck_out_tongue:.

Hmm Ancelotti is still hit and miss though I’m afraid. For all he’s achieved everywhere he’s been, I still cast my mind back to the sobering second season he had at Chelsea (and that was with a better team than we have here now)

While he might take over and we might win the league, its just a likely we could finish in the bottom half. It really is that simple

Lol Ancelotti is not going to win us the league within a couple of seasons. Unless I missed the part where he turned into David Copperfield!

Copperfield in so.

@SDGooner of course.

1 Like